CBD oil salve

Soapmaking Forum - Soap & Candle Forums

Help Support Soapmaking Forum - Soap & Candle Forums:

Reaction score
Has anyone tried making a CBD Peppermint salve for muscle and/or arthritis pain? Several of us were chatting today about hand pain and should pain- one of the group mentioned that she was considering trying a CBD/Peppermint salve she had read about. I am curious if anyone here has tried and would be able to share recipe/suggest where to find recipe/etc. Thanks all!

TheGecko

Reaction score
Homestead and chill has a recipe for making such a salve, but it is made from cannabis as opposed to hemp. This is an important distinction for two good reasons, both legal. I'm in Oregon where recreational weed is legal, but I see that you are in Missouri where it is not. As such, I can legally make a salve made from both cannabis and hemp derived CBD, but only the hemp derived would be legal to sell under the 2018 Farm Bill and following FDA rules (Starting Point).

Other recipes:

earlene

Grandmother & Soaper
Reaction score
I have not, but a few years ago, at SoapCon, Essential Depot was giving out free samples of CBD oil in cocoa butter (&/or) other oils. I see they have a sale right now on the CBD isolate as well as in 3.5 ounce Cocoa Butter stars which include CBD isolate in the cocoa butter (premelted, mixed & then poured into star molds).

I never did make any salve, but used the CBD included butters as 'salve' and still do occasionally. Do I find it helpful for pain & inflamation? Somewhat, maybe a little, but I only use it when I think of it & it's at hand. Usually I use the medication prescribed by my Doctor, which is less expensive due to Insurance coverage.

Reaction score
Homestead and chill has a recipe for making such a salve, but it is made from cannabis as opposed to hemp. This is an important distinction for two good reasons, both legal. I'm in Oregon where recreational weed is legal, but I see that you are in Missouri where it is not. As such, I can legally make a salve made from both cannabis and hemp derived CBD, but only the hemp derived would be legal to sell under the 2018 Farm Bill and following FDA rules (Starting Point).

Other recipes:

Thank you! And yes, we have to know the laws that apply to our state for sure!!