Cat Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bladesmith

Reaction score
No, not soap to wash your cat. This has a cat in the soap :)

Literally cut this about 1 minute ago so the darker color in the middle is because it’s still quite warm. This is hot process with a cat embed I made.

22622584-7E8E-4254-8843-0F98654B257A.jpeg

This fragrance oil is supposed to go medium brown. Curious to see how it ends up.

Last edited:

Literally cut this about 1 minute ago so the darker color in the middle is because it’s still quite warm. This is hot process with a cat embed I made.

View attachment 40989

I have a few friends who would love this!!! can I ask where you got the embed?

I have a few friends who would love this!!! can I ask where you got the embed?

Sure. I made it out of soap dough. Rolled it out with a rolling pin and used a cat cookie cutter to cut out a bunch. Then stuck them on top of each other. It’s a little labor intensive but I think it’s worth the effort.

Edit: I should mention, I first saw this technique on Bee’s (from sorcery soap) YouTube channel. She is pretty amazing with soap dough and has been a big inspiration for all the embeds I have been doing.

Last edited:
Sure. I made it out of soap dough. Rolled it out with a rolling pin and used a cat cookie cutter to cut out a bunch. Then stuck them on top of each other. It’s a little labor intensive but I think it’s worth the effort.

I have never worked with soap dough--but that is a really cool idea for any shape!! did you use any thing to get them to stick or did they just stick by themselves?

I have never worked with soap dough--but that is a really cool idea for any shape!! did you use any thing to get them to stick or did they just stick by themselves?

For sure, it really only takes a little water to get it to stick together if it’s soap dough. I just keep a fine mist sprayer next to me while working with it. So if you get it done in one sitting, it’s best. Once it hardens up on the outside a bit, it gets harder for it to stick together.

So are they stuck on or embedded ? You say embed, then something about sticking them on, two different things.

View attachment 40989

This fragrance oil is supposed to go medium brown. Curious to see how it ends up.
How did you make the embed?

View attachment 40989

I LOVE these.

@Jackie Tobey the process was stated two posts above yours. See below :)
It is an embed. It goes all the way through the soap. The embed was made by cutting out a bunch of pieces out of soap dough with a cookie cutter and stacking (sticking) them together until it is the length of the soap mold.
Great job Bladesmith.. I admire your patience, and thanks for the idea hehehe. It's a cool looking soap :)

Thanks all!

As for the recipe I used, it was acquired in one of Bee's ebooks (from Sorcery Soaps). She does offer a free recipe on her website. Technically, you can make soap dough from any CP soap but texturally it can vary a lot. What I often do with soap dough is extrude it in a clay extruder (another idea from Bee). I use Bee's recipe because it gives me a nice smooth texture that is workable. For extruding, if the texture of the dough isn't right, it will tear when it comes out of the extruder. For using the cookie cutter, you could probably get away with a less than perfect dough but you still need to be able to roll it out. It also needs to release from the cookie cutter. Spraying the cookie cutter with alcohol before each cut helps.

Last edited:
Great job and great inspiration! I saw another video where the maker (Ophelia?) cut candy canes out of a slab pour of freshly made soap and stacked them together to make an embed the length of the mold. It looked like her cookie cutter was coated metal or plastic. I have some plastic cookie cutters and was thinking about giving it a try for a holiday soap.

Back