castor oil helps eczema!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soapgardener

Reaction score
Hi,

I just thought I'd share my experience with castor oil, my new favorite oil. I was making soap the other day and my young son walked into the kitchen saying that his arms itched. I took a look and oh, boy, it was the worst eczema flare-up I had ever seen. I've been so busy lately I just let it get away from me. Mom guilt washing over me, I looked around the kitchen for an oil that wouldn't sting. I had a gallon jug of castor oil. I gently dabbed that on, then layed a warm washcloth over the spot. By that night his eczema was DRASTICALLY reduced! Has anyone else has this experience with castor oil? Does anyone make a lotion or butter using castor oil?

My wife's cousin swears by our soaps for helping with that. The castor oil in it seems to help from what I've read online.

Castor is also nice in lip balm.

It seems to be a good oil for a lot of bath & body products, but I've only used it in moderation (no more than 7% of a recipe).

Haven't tried it in lotion at all though.

Here's my take on Eczema- I have it as well as my kids! We are an itchy family! I use my products on them- the lotion bars are new, I just learned those but they rock on it and are filled with natural goodness. I think that you really can't go wrong with any natural oil- I'm addicted to Jojoba at the moment but I think natural anything is the only way to go. Using natural products on eczema, is about the only way I can think of to treat it gently and effectively. It also helps to keep it at bay. So anything natural is great!! Glad to hear that helped!

My 3 grandkids have eczema, so I'll have to see if their mom will try it. I find that she uses a lot of bubble bath on them, any kind, commercial stuff full of color and additives.

My hunch is that it's not what you put on your skin that works, it's what you don't put on it. Avoid all those preservatives and colors and scents, and watch for a change.

It's not about the 'all-natural' so much as avoiding the un-naturals.

Latest posts

Back