Casting the Gauntlet of Challenge!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ugh, it's been in the 60's for the past few days here. I was wandering around the house in shorts on New Year's. But we'll get ice in March, no worries!

I wish our winters would make up its mind.

Nah, I have seen enough of the snow in my life. I enjoy being able to get around on the highways in the wintertime now. Snow is pretty in pictures but crappy on the roads.

Good morning all. Hope you are busy creating your Mardi Gras masterpieces for next week. I unmolded one yesterday that worked beautifully. Just a teaser...I'm calling it "Chickory and Beignets." I've got another I am hoping to trying this week using a peacock swirl.

Due to an unexpected event (3 of my goats went into labor, ahead of schedule) I will have to drop out. :yawn: Such is life on a farm! The good news is I'll have lots of fresh GM and new babies to play with. Bad news not much time for soaping.

doeling2.JPG

Last edited:
Due to an unexpected event (3 of my goats went into labor, ahead of schedule) I will have to drop out. :yawn: Such is life on a farm! The good news is I'll have lots of fresh GM and new babies to play with. Bad news not much time for soaping.

Congratulations! How exciting :)

I can't wait to see all the pictures from this challenge. I'm so bummed that I'm going to be on vacation and can't participate. Maybe next time! Good luck to you all.

As much as I wanted to enter a soap pic in this challenge, I cannot seem to find any free time to soap. I know I won't have any time this week either. I look forward to seeing what everyone else comes up with.

Squee! I love his/her little goat face.

I totally need to make friends with someone who has goats. I have no idea why, but I just love them.

I am. The materials I need are arriving in four days, leaving me two days to complete the challenge. Only takes about an hour to make the soap, and eight hours before unmolding, so I should be good to go!

Well yesterday I discovered that the format for uploading pictures to the forum changed with the upgrade. So I'm still in provided I can figure out how to post my pix from my android phone again. My desk top computer is so slow & outdated that I get frustrated almost every time I use it.

Squee! I love his/her little goat face.

I totally need to make friends with someone who has goats. I have no idea why, but I just love them.

My sister has goats! Unfortunately she lives 1000 miles away from me :(

(I'm still in, btw)

I have New Orleans-based soaps from prior batches (Zulu Coconut, Nouveau Laveau, City Park, and Gris Gris), and had planned to make a Red Beans and Rice soap and a Cafe au Lait soap for this challenge. BUT I haven't found a scent I'm happy with for the RB&R batch...I don't want to go with the fresh laundry scent (in New Orleans, Monday is traditionally both Red Beans and Rice day AND laundry day) that the soapmaker who inspired me to make this soap uses in her version. Just doesn't work for me...I sooo wish I could find a Tabasco type FO!
Considering that I don't color my soaps (so they are pretty boring in a photo) and that I'll be on my third 12-hour shift at the hospital on the "reveal date", I guess I'm out :(
But I DO look forward to seeing everyone else's creations on Monday!!

BTW, has anyone used BB's Basmati Rice FO in CP soap? That was one I was considering for the RB&R soap, but the website says it is "delicate" so I was concerned that equaled "non-existant" in CP.

I've made two. Both came out "ok." Wouldn't you know my favorite, and most successful was a single bar made from the leftovers I threw into an extra dish! Grrrrrr. I find soaping to be like golf. It's that one successful shot that keeps you coming back.

BTW, has anyone used BB's Basmati Rice FO in CP soap? That was one I was considering for the RB&R soap, but the website says it is "delicate" so I was concerned that equaled "non-existant" in CP.

It is almost non-existant. It is really, really, light. Also, just in case you didn't know & it mattered, it turns dark brown.

Back