Castile Soap Q

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Zany_in_CO I don't like it so I don't carry nor make castile. I've never had anyone ask for it and I sell. I've been at this for 10+ years....glad it works for you! You do you Not my cup of tea and I have other solid recipes and a soap I prefer 1000 times over castile and is a solid soap that's not slimy.

I dislike all high olive oil soaps. Even Zany’s wasn’t pleasing. I quit making high OO soap. I’ve changed to other recipes that are gentle and 1000 times better. I never use more than 30% OO and that’s rare theses days. I’ve switched to other oils.
[/QUOTE
@Zany_in_CO I don't like it so I don't carry nor make castile. I've never had anyone ask for it and I sell. I've been at this for 10+ years....glad it works for you! You do you Not my cup of tea and I have other solid recipes and a soap I prefer 1000 times over castile and is a solid soap that's not slimy.

I dislike all high olive oil soaps. Even Zany’s wasn’t pleasing. I quit making high OO soap. I’ve changed to other recipes that are gentle and 1000 times better. I never use more than 30% OO and that’s rare theses days. I’ve switched to other oils.

I do apologize for asking this question,
Do you mind if you could please share what oil do you prefer for soap makings instead of olive oil? I always make soap with olive oil more than 40% ,Cocoa butter or palm, coconut oil and castor oil and a little bit shea butter. Rice bran oil and high oleic sunflower oil is hard to find here. As you mentioned in your comment your soaps are gentle and lovely so I am curious to learn more from you. I am a bit scared to use lard in high percentage in soap due to the its smell and prone to develop DOS.
If it is possible would you please let me know more about your recipe and oils you use?
Thanks a lot.

I agree with everyone up above. I would like to add though that many people love high olive oil soaps. It is especially useful if you have sensitive skin. Chemotherapy patients for instance. I like my high olive oil soap, but not at 100%. I always point new soapers to this Bastille recipe (70% OO, 25% CO, 5% Castor) as it's only 3 oils and you can use it earlier (although it's better if cured longer).

I have made this recipe two week s ago but haven't tried the soap yet since its still curing. What would you consider a good curing time fro me to try it? thanks :)

I agree with everyone up above. I would like to add though that many people love high olive oil soaps. It is especially useful if you have sensitive skin. Chemotherapy patients for instance. I like my high olive oil soap, but not at 100%. I always point new soapers to this Bastille recipe (70% OO, 25% CO, 5% Castor) as it's only 3 oils and you can use it earlier (although it's better if cured longer).
and what superfat percentage do you do?

Latest posts

Back