Castile at 3 months

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PinkCupcake

Reaction score
I made some castile soap at Christmas and tested a sliver of it yesterday. It is smooth and hard as a brick, with a thick layer of soda ash on top. The lather takes a little bit to get going, at least in cold water, but it makes a pretty decent lather.

I don't get the "slimy" quality that everyone else mentions. Maybe I just don't recognize it. Is there another way you might be describe it?

I will keep using this sliver, and will test the batch now & then. I hope it will be nice for gifts at Christmas this year.

Too me the "slimy" lather feels a little oily and like very thin lotion during the wash but it rinses away clean. I personally don't mind it.

I have some Castile curing also and it has that heavy layer of ash. I will just steam it off and dry before packaging.

I made some castile soap at Christmas and tested a sliver of it yesterday. It is smooth and hard as a brick, with a thick layer of soda ash on top. The lather takes a little bit to get going, at least in cold water, but it makes a pretty decent lather.

I don't get the "slimy" quality that everyone else mentions. Maybe I just don't recognize it. Is there another way you might be describe it?

I will keep using this sliver, and will test the batch now & then. I hope it will be nice for gifts at Christmas this year.

I recommend testing it in the shower. Whenever I do a sink test with castile, I don't feel that slimy feeling. BUT, I do notice it when it's in the shower... Only after it's been in the humidity of the shower I guess. I don't mind it and my skin feels great afterwards...

Ok, will shower with the castile in the morning. I hadn't thought of that! And I'll be watching for an oily lather. Thanks, everybody!

Latest posts

Back