carrot soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cinder

Reaction score
Hello I am looking for info on carrot soap. I am not interested in the oils used to make the soap, but more interested in the additives. For example: Have you used carrot juice as a subtitute for water (if so what %, is 100% ok). Has anyone used carrot pulp? What is better carrot juice or pulp, or both? Has anyone used carrot oil as a superfat? Or used carrot seed essential oil? Thanks for your thoughts and advice on this topic.

You can replace as much of the water with carrot juice as you want. Adding pulp is ok too, some do both. Carrot can cause overheating for some people so be aware of that. I can't make carrot soap to save my life.

I have only made carrot soap with puree (I used pureed carrot from a jar, a meal for babies, to make sure it was really well blended) and added 4 tablespoons ppo soap at trace (I weighted puree and substracted appropriate amount from my water). I did not freeze my soap and it heated a lot, to the point that I hade to remove all insulation from my mold. The colour was gorgeous though! Even after it faded in time, it was still very nice. And it noticeably boosted bubbles.

I did replace my water fully once at another occasion with tomato juice and threw my soap away after fully curing because of the funky terrible smell (the juice was frozen, but the batch overheated).I have a sensitive nose and the faint sign of anything funky really puts me off.

It is not worth the effort for me personally (since even smaller amount of vegetable additives does the job for me when it comes to colour and extra bubbleage), but if I were to replace 100% water with any juice again, I would probably be smarter than the last time and I'd take every single precaution, that is: soap cool, freeze the juice and probably freeze the batch after pouring. And practice some positive soap affirmations :) just as I do with my 100% milk soaps ;).

what I did was to peel my carrots then throw them in my dehydrator then ground them up in my magic bullet added that at trace. my coffee carrot soap

I just did a carrot colored lard soap, and what I did was steam some chopped carrots in the microwave (water just covering) till they were barely tender, and then whizzed them with my stick blender, and then used a fine mesh to strain out the pulp, leaving me with carrot juice. Then I mixed the lye with minimal water, got the oil and lye water to emulsion and then added the carrot juice as the rest of the water. Oh and when I was melting the lard in the microwave I put a mesh bag of shredded carrots in with the lard - added a bit of color. I think overall I used 6-7 carrots.

The color isn't as deep as if I used pulp, but I still think its pretty and while it gelled pretty spectacularly, it didn't overheat.

Orange piggy soap.jpg

What's the purpose of carrot soap? Does the vitamin A survive and do something? Is it just the color? Exfoliating properties of carrot pulp? I find this whole idea somewhat fascinating but I'm not sure why. :)

Latest posts

Back