Carrot in Fishermen's soap??

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bukawww

Reaction score
Not the anise variety, but the 100% CO soap...I make a soap I call Grease Monkey for mechanics but thought I'd add some carrot puree for color.

Will this ruin the cleansing properties at all? I still want to be able to market it as 'lathering in salt water' but worried the carrot will do something silly and take that away :D

Oh super! Adding it now - it smells so good! I put Litsea Cubeba, Sweet Orange x 10, and Spearmint EOs along with some poppyseeds and the carrot.

The color RAWKS and totally matches the smellies :wink:

You can also find coconut oil with beta-carotene added to it. Its used for popcorn popping (it adds color and flavour). You could use 10% of popcorn coconut oil to your regular CO for the same color.

If you advertise it as lathering in salt water, it sounds, at least to me, that you are advocating washing hands in the water source in which they are fishing. I believe the standard advice is to be at least 200 ft from a water source when using soap, to keep from compromising the water. In which case, most people would have access to non-salt water.

But anyway, I add carrot to soaps and I think it adds to the lather because of the natural sugars in the carrot. BTW--makes it easier to overheat. But makes a lovely soap.

Back