Careful ordering EO's from bulk apothecary...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saltysoaper

Reaction score
I placed a very large and expensive bulk order for essential oils from here recently, and sadly, the most expensive one was totally rancid on arrival...šŸ˜­ So I contacted BA to request a return/refund and they have put me through such a lengthy, time wasting process of emails and phone calls with 3 separate people over the last week, only to be told by a manager just now that I can't get a refund and all she can do is "try" to contact the owners of BA and at best "maybe" they will ask me to send them the bottle back (at my expense) to do their own testing, but that "if they deem it not rancid then I'm not getting a refund". I am SO appalled. Have ordered from many different suppliers over the years and never experienced anything like this awful customer service on the very rare occasion when I have received something defective or off. Just wanted to give other makers who might be purchasing large quantities of EO this heads up to save you the headache, time and money waste I just experienced.

Now, onwards and upwards! Who is your favorite EO supplier for bulk quantities that also has great customer service? šŸ˜Š

I am so sorry this happened to you! I haven't had great experiences with BA, either. I typically order my EOs from Camden Grey or New Directions Aromatics. If I needed larger quantities, Jedwards would be my go-to.

I've never ordered from them, though I tried on several different occasions because I was interested in their pigments. But every time, they were out of whatever I wanted and I didn't want to pay shipping on a bunch of samples. I've since has found pigments elsewhere, except for the Woodland Green and I'm not just going to order that.

I am so sorry this happened to you! I haven't had great experiences with BA, either.
DITTO!

I stopped using Bulk Apothecary early on because I was NOT happy with their products. In the future, to save money and aggravation, you can use the SEARCH feature located in the upper right corner of this page to research before you buy. Or simply start a thread like this for recommendations. šŸ„°

For best prices, I mainly buy essential oils from a women-owned company in New Mexico, SUN PURE BOTANICALS on Ebay. They have been in business for a very long time. Customer Service is good. 99.8% Positive Rating on Ebay. If something is wrong with an order they are prompt about correcting it. I've only had that happen once. I got a replacement within a week.

I research EOs on EDEN BOTANICALS.

I second @AliOop's recommendations, although I haven't bought anything lately from CG and NDA due to shipping costs to CO.
Jedwards is a good all-around company to do business with but I haven't tried their EOs.

Kenna of Modern Soapmaking has good info on buying EOs, who to avoid and a list of reputable suppliers. :thumbs:

OP, that sounds really awful! I've never bought EOs from BA, but I have purchased butters and oils and FOs, and I've always been very pleased with what I received, as well as their shipping time, etc.

What you describe is beyond the pale. No company should behave like that. I really hope you get it sorted and its good that you're warning people.

I placed a very large and expensive bulk order for essential oils from here recently, and sadly, the most expensive one was totally rancid on arrival...šŸ˜­ So I contacted BA to request a return/refund and they have put me through such a lengthy, time wasting process of emails and phone calls with 3 separate people over the last week, only to be told by a manager just now that I can't get a refund and all she can do is "try" to contact the owners of BA and at best "maybe" they will ask me to send them the bottle back (at my expense) to do their own testing, but that "if they deem it not rancid then I'm not getting a refund". I am SO appalled. Have ordered from many different suppliers over the years and never experienced anything like this awful customer service on the very rare occasion when I have received something defective or off. Just wanted to give other makers who might be purchasing large quantities of EO this heads up to save you the headache, time and money waste I just experienced.

Now, onwards and upwards! Who is your favorite EO supplier for bulk quantities that also has great customer service? šŸ˜Š
I would do a charge back on your payment.

How horrible. If I were to buy essential oils it would be from new directions

I stopped buying from BA when Wholesale supplies plus bought them

New Directions is pretty great

Latest posts

Back