Caraway seed soap new try

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kaolin washer

Reaction score
This time i used 400golive oil, 100g coconut oil, 37.5g of New Zealand Haloysite clay , and 1 table spoon of caraway seed ground up . and one teaspoon of Molasses. and when i added up the SAP values of the oils it said i needed 72.3g of Naoh but i subtracted 5%for 68.7 g of sodium lye and i did a 2.25 water to 1 lye and i added extra water to the clay just to get it in a slurry. mixed the lye water with the oils 1st , until trace, then transferred, the trace to a crock pot and heated until, it expanded. i then put in the seeds and clay. and also the molasis heated some more and let cool and into the mold, judging from the suds when i cleaned the soap of the side of the pot it saped just fine and the stuff is getting nice and firm , and smells good

Attachments

• 20210310_152014.jpg
    20210310_152014.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 9
  • 20210310_152206.jpg
    20210310_152206.jpg
    145.2 KB · Views: 8
  • 20210310_152838.jpg
    20210310_152838.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 6
I am officially obliged to LOVE this!

and smells good
Did the caraway smell carry over properly into the soap, or did it change with the lye? I hope this soap gets into the “right hands” of those who can appreciate caraway. Every time someone tells they don't like caraway, I'd love to eat a heaped teaspoon of pure caraway just in front of them. Mmmmh!

Hope you didn't get charged too much for that clay! I coulda dug some out of the garden for ya ;-)
what kind of clay do you have?

I am officially obliged to LOVE this!

Did the caraway smell carry over properly into the soap, or did it change with the lye? I hope this soap gets into the “right hands” of those who can appreciate caraway. Every time someone tells they don't like caraway, I'd love to eat a heaped teaspoon of pure caraway just in front of them. Mmmmh!
Yes it smells good , carries across the room, has a good smell , have to figure out how to make it better,and i need to try Fennel seeds

Kiwi, hope you fared well in the quake, I make Pottery, and for my celadon glazes, i have found nothing like NZ halloysite, yes its expensive but worth it . its the whitest clay in the world, and i notice, that the clay by itself has a very beautiful smell , hard to describe it . but by itself it will clean your hands and leave them feeling smooth and clean, so i just had to get it in some soap ,but it loses its smell in soap but not its cleaning power, it differs from kaolin in that it has tubes, very tiny tubes in place of kaolins flat crystal sructure.

Latest posts

Back