Can't Upload Photos

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

Judiraz

Reaction score
I tried from my computer and iPad. It was telling me I wasn't uploading the proper format but my photo was JPEG

commoncenz

Reaction score
Same here. Using a computer and it told me my photo wasn't the proper format.

DeeAnna

Reaction score
Firefox latest version, Windows 7. Just tried to upload a jpeg I had already uploaded a few days ago without problems. This time I got the message: P1020054 600.jpg:
Upload of file failed.

Rowan

Reaction score
I haven't been able to upload photos for the official hidden feather challenge via my iPad :( I thought it was just my poor computer skills! I keep getting upload of file failed too.

lsg

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Try uploading them to Photobucket or Tinypic first and then import them from there.

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Just tried using photobucket and that doesn't work either.

Angie

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Anyone else still having trouble posting? And if by computer how large is the photo you are trying to upload?
And how are you trying to upload?

lsg

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
There is no need to click the "add photo" icon above when copying the URL from Photobucket or Tinypic. Just click the the URL address to the right of "IMG" in photobucket Or the window under words "IMG code for Forums or Message Boards," at Tinypic, to copy and paste in the post window of SMF.

BrewerGeorge

Reaction score
I have also been unable to upload attachments for at least the last hour. (I last sucessfully uploaded a JPG on 10/26, but haven't tried since.)

Tonight, I tried PDF, PNG, and JPG with no luck. All were within the board's limits in file size, pixels, etc. In the process of trying, I cleared all my previous attachments in case I was over a total storage limit, but that didn't make a difference either.

I can, however, still link pics using the [ img ] tags without a problem.

Angie

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
There was a setting on the server that needed changing. It's changed and you can now upload photos.

Here is one I just uploaded.

Black and white Prospect Cabin.jpg

Latest posts