Can't get the soap out of Paul's wooden Tog Mold...HELP!!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

laulow

Reaction score
I just made a batch of RTCP soap and now I can't get it out of the mold I bought from Paul. I have used it before and it came out beautifully without any trouble. Not sure what the problem is but if anyone has a suggestion I would appreciate any help so I don't destroy the soap trying to get it out. The sides should just fold down but I can't for the life of me get them to budge. HELP!!!!

Laurie :(

Yes, they are lined (I bought them from Paul so it is what he uses and it worked great the first time). The sides should just fold right down.

I had the same problem. Hmmmmm! I now line my LINER with cut up chopping mats.

My first log in the mold also came out fine, but every time after that it stuck so much that I ruined the liner and the soap.

I wonder if maybe the sprayed on silicone he uses comes off with the first batch of soap, and that's why the batches after that stick. You could try wiping the liners with mineral oil before you use them, but that kind of defeats the liner being "non-stick", I know.

AshleyR said:

My first log in the mold also came out fine, but every time after that it stuck so much that I ruined the liner and the soap.

I wonder if maybe the sprayed on silicone he uses comes off with the first batch of soap, and that's why the batches after that stick. You could try wiping the liners with mineral oil before you use them, but that kind of defeats the liner being "non-stick", I know.

use contact paper next time, you can buy at taget or walmart.

will freezing it help get it out this time? I have someone waiting on this soap and I sure hate to buy new oils to make another batch. Dang it!

laulow said:
will freezing it help get it out this time? I have someone waiting on this soap and I sure hate to buy new oils to make another batch. Dang it!

Yeah that might help. What I ended up doing when my batch was super stuck was using a knife around the edges. It ruined the smooth edges of the soap, but I eventually got it out.

try slipping a credit card down the side, and also check the place where the wood butts up against itself.

AshleyR said:
then why bother with the original liner?

did anyone contact Paul? This issue is clearly one he needs to fix.

carebear said:
AshleyR said:
then why bother with the original liner?

did anyone contact Paul? This issue is clearly one he needs to fix.

I still use the liner (lined) because I like the size it makes my bars. If I just used the wooden mold without the liner, the bars would be a lot wider (the liner is about 1/4" thick). I'm going to make my own wooden log molds this summer the size of the liner and just line them with cut up disposable chopping mats, which have been working great for me!

I did take the "sticky liner" issue up with Paul. He did provide me with new liners but the exact same problem happened with the new liners, too. Apparently I was the only one it had ever happened to. Sooooooo, I'm just moving on...

Thanks for all of the suggestions. I did get it out by putting a paring knife in it to get it started and then pushing up from the bottom on each side and it eventually slid up and off. Kind of hard and the long way to do it, but got it off and in one piece. Not as easy as before. Thanks again for all of your help it is greatly appreciated

Laurie
www.marykay.com/lwsullivan

Not sure if it will work with this liner, but I do know that Paul now suggests you spray his liner with water before pouring batter into the mould? Email him and ask! (NB: he may be talking about a new type of liner.....?)

Tanya :)

Re: Can't get the soap out of Paul's wooden Tog Mold...HELP!

laulow said:
I just made a batch of RTCP soap and now I can't get it out of the mold I bought from Paul. I have used it before and it came out beautifully without any trouble. Not sure what the problem is but if anyone has a suggestion I would appreciate any help so I don't destroy the soap trying to get it out. The sides should just fold down but I can't for the life of me get them to budge. HELP!!!!

Laurie :(
\

is it one of the ones that comes apart??

i usually take a very sharp knife and cut down the sides to free from the mold... always works like a charm! :)

Sorry, if you had contacted me at Etsy or in a PM here or a e-mail, this would be resolved allready.
How long have you had this mold? Please send me a PM or e-mail me. I take care of any problems that my customers have. There are other soap mold makers who have issues, and I know most of them take care of their customers, like I will. Care Bear had a major issue with my first model TOG 8 Wire Cutter. I changed the design. like several other mold makers have, since we always learn and we always try to improve our products, just like we try to improve in our soap making skills. I sent Care Bear a brand new TOG Model 3 8 Wire Cutter, free...no shipping, I did not even ask her to return the old one so I could examine it, and see the stress points, or reuse the expensive tuners again. Nope, I simply gave her another one when she finally asked for it. [edit]
I will take care of this issue too. :)

Paul :wink:

Turn up the volume.....

Thread shutdown tune of the night... Queen Ifrica.. "keep it to yourself"

(intro)
you got to make it better
fi di youths dem future
we cyaan see dem a gwaan like unno see seh
to the world
again

(chorus)
you feel like a badman keep it yourself
dont bring it to jamaican keep it to yourself
we nuh wanna dat a jamrock keep it to yourself
we cyaan tek no more slackness

(verse 1)
you can change the laws of man
but you cyaan change the laws of god
so if they know nothing nuh fi because dem glad
waan we fi change a mussi mad dem mad
so maddy tell me what is happening
a nuh waan no fish inna mi i-tal dish
too see mi son become a father mi greatest wish
di situation kind very tickelish
but everybody fed up from parish to parish
yes unto who we'll mek concern
unno dat we waan the tables fi turn
as I see a so we got a lot of concern
di truth is unno dat we waan we children dem fi learn

(chorus)
we nuh waan dat a jamrock keep it to yourself

(verse 2)
hear dis
you fi multiply and replenish they Earth
that's why a di woman lay by inna child birth
mi nuh waan fi see mi bredda dress up inna no skirt
and mi sista nuh fi mek that shall lift up har skirt
as a nation no matta wah we put god first
and a Jah say things is a blessing not a curse
lighting and thunder bound fi make the cloud burst
a just di wata from di sugar cane cant quench natty thirst
to whom we'll make concern
unno dat we waan the tables fi turn
as I see it and so we got a lot of concern
di truth is unno dat we waan we children dem fi learn

(chorus)
we nuh waan dat a jamrock keep it to yourself

repeat verse 1

chorus

repeat verse 2

chorus

I express my apologies, this thread has been shut down for the purification of the positive vibration to soapers from here, there across the nation...

(Yes and thats by Me...) ;)

Please handle these issues in PM, email, phone or smoke signal...

Ian

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back