Cant do it...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shannan, my friend, you are one tough cookie! You love your kids and as a single mom of 2 you are doing a great job taking care of them! I can't even imagine what that would be like since Phyllis and I did not have any children. Hang in there, we think you are doing great with all the troubles you have to endure. Make soap when you feel like it again. Your finishing your schooling, raising those great kids, is the most important you have to do, everything else is secondary. ((((((HUGS)))))) :wink:

Paul. :wink:

Kids & school come before soap... that is for sure. You have a lot going on & something might have to give, at least for a while.

Your soap will still be there when you are ready to go back to it. You need to focus on what is really important in your life, your kids and life. We love you! Take care of yourself!!

Ditto

make sure and take the time (even though I know it's very little) to care for yourself. Your kids will benefit from it and eventually...maybe some day soon...when things have calmed down a little...that passion will come back. You are in my prayers!

I know how you feel :) but it will pass--hang on to all of your supplies, re-organize a little at the time, take one day at a time. It took me 6 months before I could enjoy candlemaking again and I am beginning to feel interested in soap again:) When a hobby becomes a job, sometimes you just need to sit back, realize your limitations, and go from there. I turned down so many orders (not good for the pocket book:) ) but, I realized that I wanted to enjoy what I was doing, not dread it. So now, I'm doing what I want, when I want.. good luck :)

smellitlikeitis said:
As all of the stuff still sits on the shelves in the kitchen, in the hallway, and in my room floor.. I sometimes kick it as I pass by... I want my space back in my house. When I am showering, I dont even really smell the soap anymore as I use it.
I just dont want to do it anymore. I am so busy with school, work, the kids.. it has taken so much of my money... and i would have to put more money into it now to start again.. I just dont want to anymore.
Having it as a busines forces me to make soap, and I want to make it when I feel like it.. not becuase of... "oh ****, i got an order" and its not like Im getting any orders anyway.. cause Im not!
I kept saying.. sell it all.. get rid of it.. but then.. one day maybe in another month or so, I will want to make some..

I dont even think its burn out anymore.. I think I am beyond that point...

Sounds like you need a break from soap, and a new project in 'de-cluttering'. I read an article on it yesterday, and about how clutter saps one's energy.

Perhaps if you did that, even in one small corner, instead of beating yourself up for not making soap, you'd feel a new energy. Wish I lived closer. De-cluttering with a friend can be fun, not work.

Please take some time and only get rid of the things that you know will go bad if you don't soap for awhile. I had to let my business go about three years ago do to my lupus. I just couldn't do it anymore. I sold everything I had. I held a few one lb molds back but I got rid of everything else. I was like you I had 50 lb boxes and oils and stuff all over the place. Soap was in racks in my garage but other things I made had to stay in the house. I had cabinets full of fos and my pantry was full of additives. I was so sick by the time I had to quit I sold everything. Now three years later I am doing so much better and decided I wanted to soap for family and a few close friends. I had nothing to soap with! I have already spent a good deal more than I would have liked. Even if you are doing for a hobby you still need things to do it with and you don't know what you may need when you want to soap again. As long as I was sick I don't thing it bothered me to much. When I started feeling better now three years later the first thing I wanted to do was make some soap! Take some time off and make your decisions when you feel better. :) Judy

Back