Cannot find these TINS! Looked all over 'net for months, HELP?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harmonynme

Reaction score
Good morning all, I was a member of the SPF for over 2 years, but hit a snafu with my user id until it was finally figured out with admins - so HELLO, again! :wink I make some soap; in fact just started making it again.
My products involve more advanced plant cosmeceuticals ingredients, creams, shampoos, lotions, serums and the like. But do love soapmaking - it's a cakewalk compared to my other stuff!
I've had a lotion bar in my product line for 3 years. It's one of my top selling products, and what put me on the map. It took me forever, moreover, to track down the right silicone muffin pans to make more than 6 at a time (with as many bought in the closet that didn't fit).
Now, these tins cannot be found. I have looked everywhere - on every supply site from WSP, EB & B, Soagoods, Uline, Papaermart, every packaging & container company known, every candle site, small and large, even eBay - nada. :mad:
because these containers have no mark, just like most generic tins; I don't know the company that made them. The only tins I can find have the raised lid - rather these, are flat.

They were known as 4 ounce tins. But the 4 ounce tins now, are way to small, and 6 oz tins, too big.
I've attached photos of the tins.
tin3.jpg
tin4.jpg

measurements: with top 3" across 2" depth. Without top: 1.75" depth
tin2.jpg

If ANYONE has seen tins that look like these please please let me know I am desperate - I am down to the last 6 - from 800!
I would be soooo grateful!

Last edited:
Not sure if this will help about two weeks ago WSP had them as a discontinued item, it wasn't advertised that way, but when I went back to purchase they were listed as discontinued and were sold out. The price was very good, maybe you can call them.

Are you sure they were the the same tins I attached the photos of? because I can call WSP, if that's the case.The measurements are: 2" DEPTH 3" across, are the 2 oz tins you ordered 3" across?

Thanks everyone, I really appreciate replies, but these are the very same tins that I've been finding, raised tops, and only 2" across, either way too small, or too big.

how about these?...diameter and height is nearly the same...these are considered 6 oz tins...hth! http://www.peakcandle.com/products/Travel-Tins--6-oz__C1004.aspx

here's one other 6 oz...approx. 1-3/4 deep x 2-7/8 wide product code 5563-05
http://www.sks-bottle.com/340c/fin7a.html
Thanks again everyone - SKS bottling is OUT. They do nor have what I seek. I looked at the Peak Candle supply, but it's the same raised top, just like all the others. I don't know why the measurements say they're 2.8" across, because they're not, they are exactly as all the others.
It's as if the tins I used just completely disappeared from the market. Ironically, it took me years to track down the right muffin mold dimensions; with closets full of silicone molds that didn't match. I finally get them - and then - the tins disappear!
I thought help from candle makers might help, too.
I did do an extensive google image search, as well, using different search methods. ARRGGHH!

I am nearly at the point where I may have to discontinue my number 2 selling items! As you all know, that ricochets into getting customers into buying other items.... where are where have they gone???

metal tins have disappeared from the market! cannot find them, anyone?

What's your measurement across the top without the lid?

the measurement without the lid is THE SAME. 3" inches.

Maybe these will work: http://www.naturesgardencandles.com.../deeptin4/-Deep-Round-Tin-with-Lid-4-oz..html

Good luck!

the problem is the mold tapers out a bit at the end....all have been too narrow, and then, the 6 ounce, so huge that they absolutely BURY the lotion bar, and it looks teeny tiny. [SIGH]

Hey guys! I ordered from brambleberry.com. Though the tins are not of the same quality as the previous, (a seam on the side), it fits!!! yeah!! THANKS ALL!:);-)

i'm so glad to hear that you found something that will fit the bill, perhaps until you track down the original container!

Back