Candy Melts> In CP

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zolveria

Reaction score
has anyone tried candy melts IN CP : Yall know im the cooky Soaper
here are the Ingrid
I think this will work.. Gonna expirement. If it does how can i create a SAP value out of this ?

Merckens Ingredients: sugar, fractionated palm kernel oil, skim milk, partially hydrogenated palm kernel & cottonseed oils, whole milk, glyceryl lacto esters of fatty acids, lecithin, salt, vanillin, artificial flavor & color. (provided by http://www.sugarcraft.com/catalog/candies/chocolate.htm)

Wilton Ingredients: Sugar, Partially Hydrogenated Palm Kernel Oil, Reduced Mineral Whey Powder, Whole Milk Solids, Nonfat Dry Milk Solids, Soy Lecithin, Salt and Artificial Flavor. (No ingredients posted online)

Make N' Mold Ingredients: Sugar, Partially Hydrogenated Palm Kernel Oil, Whole Milk Solids, Reduced Mineral Whey Powder, Nonfat Dry Milk Solids, Soya Lecithin (an emulsifier), Salt and Artificial Flavor. (provided by http://www.makenmold.com/Shop/Product/CandyWafers.aspx)

I think it will work. It also has Lecithin which will slow trace. and may color the CP sugar to increase bubbles palm oil etc

Last edited:
What would be the purpose of adding them? If it's for the novelty, I much prefer to get baking chocolate and add it. Less ingrediets.

I agree, why would you want to add a bunch of stuff into your soap that's not necessary nor will it likely add anything to your soap. I have used baking chocolate with no problem. As hmlove said if it's just for fun go for it. It should work.

Chocolate is for eating! I use candy melts to make mints, but it might be fun in soap. Lord knows enough people want to eat my soaps as it is.
Oh, p.s. I offered my mover a soap and he said he liked sweet scents, so he accepted a lavender honey. I was riffling through the others and mentioned my Ballerina, which is both girly sweet and sweaty, redolent of the hard work of dance, the wood floors and resin, and the magical beauty of it. He chose that instead. I love the idea of a 250-pound black guy who hauls heavy furniture for a living bathing with my Ballerina soap.

Latest posts

Back