Candle Colouring

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KevinMarch41

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone might know how to get this sort of colouring effect with either blocks/chips/liquid dyes? The only information I can find revolves around solid colours and from what I can tell the candle below was made with a single colour, so I'm not sure if mixing several would accomplish this or if it requires a certain technique.

FINISHED-1.jpg

You would need to use a candle dye with mottling wax. For a candle like that it's more about the wax than the coloring. a straight paraffin, such as 1343a, or a specific mottling wax would do it.

Oh, ok. I thought the various effects for candles were achieved through whatever additives or extras were added not the wax itself. That's actually quite interesting. Thanks for the information, you've been very helpful.

Oh, ok. I thought the various effects for candles were achieved through whatever additives or extras were added not the wax itself. That's actually quite interesting. Thanks for the information, you've been very helpful.
You're welcome.
Additives do help for various effects, depending on the effect you want, but the effect in the picture you posted, would be achieved with a mottling wax.

Latest posts

Back