Candle Colour

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KevinMarch41

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm fairly new to candle making and am trying to recreate the colour of the one shown in the attached picture. I was wondering how you go about colouring a candle this way where the divets and grooves are different than some of the straight-edged surfaces?

It looks to be a shade of ivory but where are the dark brown spots/blotches coming from? And if it's a matter of mixing different colours, how are they dispersed to get the effect shown?

Any help would be appreciated,
Thank you.

Attachments

• Candle.jpg
    Candle.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 15
You can always color your candle the ivory, and once the candle has come out of the mold, dust with a very light layer of mica, then spray with alcohol, let dry completely so the alcohol evaporates, but sort of "seals" the color in, and then display/burn.

That's what I would do if I were to make a 3D candle such as that. Or you could use a candle paint, but you'd have to be very precise with that.

You can always color your candle the ivory, and once the candle has come out of the mold, dust with a very light layer of mica, then spray with alcohol, let dry completely so the alcohol evaporates, but sort of "seals" the color in, and then display/burn.

That's what I would do if I were to make a 3D candle such as that. Or you could use a candle paint, but you'd have to be very precise with that.
Thanks a lot for the quick reply, that makes perfect sense. I've never heard of the Mica until now but it seems like it would do the trick.
I'm going to go order some right now so I can try it and see how this little project turns out.

Latest posts

Back