Canadian Howdy and Question

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaryAlice

Reaction score
New here but been making bar soap for a while. Just a very easy recipe that my s-i-l likes. I only make soap for myself and family. Have no intention of going into business. I really just like to know what's in my products so that's what started me on this road. I'm experimenting with liquid soap and so far not having much luck. Did a glycerin recipe and it is not clear and is rather gloppy. I understand borax and boric acid tend to be an irritant for many (like my s-i-l) so I will not try that. Any suggestions on making a nice clear liquid soap to use for just about anything? Thank you so much for any help you can offer with this.

Welcome Mary Alice :).

Please post in the liquid soap forum with any questions you need help with as this is the Intro forum, you will get more answers that way if it's in the right forum.

Welcome Mary Alice :).

Please post in the liquid soap forum with any questions you need help with as this is the Intro forum, you will get more answers that way if it's in the right forum.
Thanks Relle, just learning how to navigate here.

Welcome Mary Alice!

I make a crystal clear liquid soap that's really nice and that does not contain any borax or boric acid. The recipe and directions are over in the Liquid Soap section of the forum. Here's a direct link to it.

IrishLass :)

Thank you Dear IrishLass!
I read through your posted link and it is really helpful. I will let you know how my next batch turns out.
MaryAlice

Welcome! Are you diluting the paste after you make it?
Yep. But this was only my first attempt and I'm getting closer to understanding where I may do things differently to achieve better results thanks to comments here and a bit more personal research. Looking forward to trying again. :)

Latest posts

Back