Can you use orange blossom water to scent CP soap?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aab1

Reaction score
I was wondering if you can use orange blossom water, maybe instead of water in the lye mixture, to scent soaps, or would the lye destroy the scent?

Thanks

I've not heard of any tea or water infusions surviving the lye reaction and saponification to a noticeable extent.
The only water based scent that I personally have seen survive is very concentrated beer (cooked to a very thick syrup). But if there are other reliable water based scents, I would love to hear of them.

I've not heard of any water based scents to survive CP anyway. If I were going to try it I would try it on HP. I agree with the Beer hoppiness sticking in a reduced beer syrup.

Even essential oils which are much more strongly fragranced struggle to survive the lye and then fade further during the cure. I really don't think that something with such a light scent will survive at all.

Ditto what the others have said. Orange blossom water is a staple ingredient in my house (I use it to give a unique flowery hint to certain drinks and sorbets and ice creams, and even the frosting for my orange cupcakes), but I can't fathom it surviving the lye monster for a minute. It's just too delicate.

IrishLass :)

Back