Can you CPOP a batch that's 24 hours old?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

100%Natural

Reaction score
I have a batch that didn't gel fully due to too much peeking...lol.

I'm wondering if anyone has CPOP'd a batch after it's been through a partial gel phase with success? How long did you leave it in the oven for?

I've thrown a batch in the oven after I've had it in the freezer for 1/2 a day to prevent overheating. It worked out fine. I preheat my oven to 170ish, turn it off and put my soap in there overnight.

I'm crossing my fingers for you :)

P.S. I just want to clarify that I put the soap in the freezer to prevent overheating. The way I worded it, it looks like the oven prevented overheating.

No worries, I figured that's what you meant! Thanks again for all your help on this post and many others.

When I don't fully gel, I tend to get what appears to be hard, white lye on the outer edges. They test fushia coloured with phenol but the rest of the soap tests clear. Any clue why this might have started happening? I think it's a temp issue during the gel phase. Everything is fully traced and mixed around 110 degrees.

No worries, I figured that's what you meant! Thanks again for all your help on this post and many others.

When I don't fully gel, I tend to get what appears to be hard, white lye on the outer edges. They test fushia coloured with phenol but the rest of the soap tests clear. Any clue why this might have started happening? I think it's a temp issue during the gel phase. Everything is fully traced and mixed around 110 degrees.

Do you have pics? It sounds like ash.

I don't have pics unfortunately - I think I figured it out...it's not ash..wish it was though!

I have a possessed scale that I've just realized is acting up. I also adjusted the superfat amount to give me a little more leeway with the lye. I just did a small 1 lb test batch with the adjusted recipe so it will be interesting to see if that problem shows up again. In order to give myself more working time for swirls, I also think I failed to reach proper trace so have alleviated that as a possible too.

Failing these working, I'll be at a complete loss as to what's going on. Cross those fingers again, please!!:)

Latest posts

Back