Can you add melt and pour chuncks or swirls to CP soap?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drdave46

Reaction score
First of all I would like to thank everyone who has contributed to this forum.... THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR HELP - IM NEW AT THIS AND YOU GUYS/GALS ARE GREAT!!!!!

I would like to make some really interesting and pretty soaps, can I add melt and pour cubes or swirls to CP soap? Will it melt or will it retain it's shape?

If anyone has any suggestions on how to do this I would certainly appreciate it... thanks a bunch.

Dave

i think there is someone who did that in the photo gallery area. Looked like the color migrated a bit but if you use different colorants that dont do that it looked like it worked well.

I did it for holiday soaps with no problems. I let the M and P chunks sit (with a towel thrown over them to keep the dust off) for a few days before I add them to a CP batch, but I don't know if that's really necessary. I do use an M and P that is made with only palm oil and does not contain any SLS (assuming it's labeled correctly...hard to tell these days). Again, that's just my preference for my final soap. I also have not had any color migration over a 6-month period. I used the cheap Michael's M and P liquid colors. If you package the finished soap, you need to package them as you would M and P, though, and not have any paper directly touching the soap as you might do with CP.

There are some really beautiful soaps made with layers of M and P in them. Try cruising the gallery. And post pics of what you do. I'd love to see 'em!

Latest posts

Back