Can this be done?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doolittle

Reaction score
I would like to make HP goat's Milk soap by adding the goat's milk right before putting in mold. Is it possible to use 1/2 the water called for in the process. And add the goat's milk at the end or not?

Kathy

I'd be curious on this as well. I did one last week, but added the GM at trace before cooking. I am pretty sure cooking it burned the GM, even at low. Hard to say cuz I also used coffee, but it has a funky smell. Works well, though :shock: And that is according to my DH, who has grimy hands from work!

It was my first HP.

I have not done HP yet but, I soap often with GM and that smell is normal. Was it a smell somewhat like ammonia? It does go away as the soap cures.

i did my first crock pot soap the other day with goat milk as the liquid. I got the ammonia smell while it was cooking at first then as soon as it turned to soap I got a cooked carmel smell. not strong-- could only smell it while I was stirring. After I added scent could not smell it any more.

maybe that helps[/i]

Latest posts

Back