Can these conditioner bars be saved?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I forgot an ingredient in a batch of conditioner bars, and then I messed up again by re-melting them to add it. I'd forgotten that honeyquat and panthenol are heat-sensitive. Do I need to chuck this whole batch because I've rendered those 2 ingredients useless?

@Obsidian Yes, it would be a terrible waste. (And I hate waste in all things -- even have to clean my plate so children don't go hungry somewhere in the world!)

I don't think the bars would be harmful. Just not sure they would be as helpful as they shoulda. The bars also look weird on the underside after re-melting. Any idea what caused it? Is it a result of honeyquat and panthenol being heat-sensitive?
Condtnr bar back.jpg

I've reheated many of these in the past, and they have all worked just fine. I don't use honeyquat, but I do use panthenol and hydrolized proteins in my conditioner bars.

Mine were also wrinkly like that when reheating. I can't say what ingredient caused that, but it didn't seem to harm anything.

Back