Can someone please post good recipe?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CandiceW

Reaction score
Hey all..

Soo I'm so tired of trying to get rebatch right.. If this soap does not harden I'm out about $25, I know that's not much, but at the same time it is to waste kwim? The reason I'm doing this soap is because I can not afford to spend lots of Christmas this year for family so am making them a bar of soap.. So really can't afford to mess up again.
I can possibly attempt to make from scratch in crock pot.. need to be able to do in garage so the lye does not effect my parrots.
So please if you can post some recipes for different soaps for the crock pot? I really like the shea butter, and also the goats milk is nice. But where do you find goats milk locally??
I googled and there are so many things... I'm looking for a SURE THING recipe LOL

thanks!!!
Candice

what kind of oils do you have? i can come up with some recipes, you can use any for cp or hp.

I don't have anything atm.. if you mean cooking oil just canola.. but I'm sure that's not what you mean.
I would need to buy everything for it I guess.
This would be my first time making from scratch.

Thanks!

75% OO
20% Coconut Oil
5% Castor

Do CP or HP. Will need a bit longer to dry out HP than other recipes, but this makes a fantastic, moisturizing, bubbly bar when aged 2 months.

Can use water or Goat's Milk for the liquid.

I dont have any recipes but just wanted to say I share your 'making in the garage because of the bird' scenario. I have glass sliding doors to mine so I just close them and my little fid sits and watches me from inside, its real cute :)

Why don't you post the recipe you have been using and maybe someone can help you tweak it?

Candice
Do you have a superwalmart? they have coconut oil and affordable oo, palm you would have to get online, castor at health store. I like
oo 12
co 9
po
castor 3oz.
or some people use lard(very cheap) or crisco, or canola( in small amts.)
good luck i will give your recipes when you get closer?

would it be at just a regular walmart? or supermarket?
I don't have superwalmart, at least I don't think so.. I'm in Canada.

was wondering if this would work for crock pot?

Pure Country
Creamy Goat’s Milk Soap (4 lb. Batch)

Gentle on the skin, this soap is great on the face or body, and is described by many as being like washing with a cream! Scent with your favourite Essential Oil or Essential Oil Blend.

Coconut Oil 76 280 grams
Palm Oil 840 grams
Olive Oil 240 grams
Sodium Hydroxide (lye) 210 grams
Water 425 grams

2 tsp. Goats Milk Powder dissolved in 75 ml (grams) Warm Water (approx 100 deg F)

Essential Oil of Choice 15ml to 30ml

Soap making temperature 100 deg f.
For detailed instructions, follow our Basic Cold Process Soap Making instructions. Once you have combined your Oils and Lye Water (when both are at 100 deg F) add your Goat’s Milk Mixture and stir to combine. Continue to follow Basic Instructions until you have completed the Soapmaking Process. [/quote]

Back