Can puree be used?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harshaa25

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I have started making soaps in small batches and one question that bothers me a lot is : Can we use vegetable/ fruit puree in soaps?

I have seen youtube videos where they do use it and it doesn't go stale or develop mold

Can I just juice carrot/tomato/mint by adding just a bit of water and add it?

Also, some of them add it with their oils and many prefer to add it at the end - while reaching trace? Which do you think would be better suited here?

You can add purées to your soap. Just subtract the amount you use from the water/liquid amount. Make sure ther are no chunks. That can lead to issues. As for mint or other herbs they are better used in infusions. Most herbs and botanicals will turn brown and can be scratchy.

There's been a lot of talk about fruit and vegetable purees in the forum already, try a search.. You'll see which ones we've tried n worked, which ones don't.

I think some people add at trace hoping to maintain some of the qualities of the additive. It's really up to the individual soaper. I've done both. You do want to get it fully incorporated and adding to oils will allow this without over stickblending.

Back