Can I use this?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoapyScrubs

Reaction score
My mother has a friend who had bought a olive oil soap from a store that is no longer running. She has a list of the ingredients. When comparing them to the ingredients in my melt and pour olive oil soap I saw that they were exactly the same minus the fragrance oil and red wine. So now for my question. Can I add red wine to m & p and if so do I use the kind from a liquor store or cooking? And what is the dilution? Thanks in advance. :)

I'm thinking......probably not. I don't think adding a liquid to the MP base will work. BUT, you could always try it in a small amount and let us know if it worked!! Good luck.

My question be, could you sell it w/o a liquor license? You can not sell a body mist made of vodka or everclear, etc.

SoapyScrubs said:
Can I add red wine to m & p and if so do I use the kind from a liquor store or cooking? And what is the dilution? Thanks in advance. :)

Here is what you do: Add fine red wine to a glass, run bubble bath, slip into tub, soak, drink wine, use your soap, and enjoy. :lol: :lol:

Digit

digit said:
SoapyScrubs said:
Can I add red wine to m & p and if so do I use the kind from a liquor store or cooking? And what is the dilution? Thanks in advance. :)

Here is what you do: Add fine red wine to a glass, run bubble bath, slip into tub, soak, drink wine, use your soap, and enjoy. :lol: :lol:

Digit

LOL

The only suitable liquids to add to mp would be sweet almond oil, jojoba oil, pretty much anything like that. If you add any other type of liquid it thins out the base making it pliable (I think thats the word lol) For example if I wanted to make soap scrolls with mp, I would add 2tbs of distilled water (cause thats all I use) to the base add allow the mixture to heat and boil together. Just like making a jelly roll, when you pour out the soap it will be thin enough to roll up like a fruit roll up! But adding too much liquid will make the base very soft. I know this through my many adventures of having to try "everything at least once".

Hmm. I think I might try it by hit and miss. I know some liquids do not mix well but I have had alot of success adding liquids like witch hazel and such by an oz or less. Maybe I shall look into the selling process while using alcohol. I remember reading somewhere that in Canada if you add vodka or anything else that it becomes classified as a cosmetic product. So I guess I shall look inito the united states laws just to be safe. Thanks for all the help. Once I figure this out I shall let ya'll know how everything works out. For now I will tell my mother's friends to add the wine to her bath. lol. :lol:

Back