Can I use this as a slab mold?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
...but I’m having High School flashbacks...

upload_2019-1-11_19-18-12.gif

Last edited:
@KiwiMoose , with every batch you up your game! I too am glad you're going back to work because there's been no keeping up with you. After my day job, I log on here and there's 10 more of your soaps and not just normal soap but soap with scenery and seawater and sand and now I feel like I need to make soap with today's snow or something. And who here seriously believes her "Oh look at me, I'm just a newbie" act? Maybe now people like @Dean will feel more confident to -- I can't believe I'm typing this -- show his goodies.

But on a serious note, @KiwiMoose , in the last 4 weeks, you have made this space just tremendous fun and a welcome addition to daily stresses and challenges. Thank you. And even at work I'm sneaking surreptitious looks at the forum.

Last edited:
And who here seriously believes her "Oh look at me, I'm just a newbie" act? Maybe now people like @Dean will feel more confident to -- I can't believe I'm typing this -- show his goodies.

OMG...I bet u r so right. I totally bought @KiwiMoose ’s newbie act too! I blame that NZ imposter and her beautifully staged pics for giving me paralyzing performance anxiety. I can’t wait share this breakthrough with my therapist...

OMG...I bet u r so right. I totally bought @KiwiMoose ’s newbie act too! I blame that NZ imposter and her beautifully staged pics for giving me paralyzing performance anxiety. I can’t wait share this breakthrough with my therapist...
Well - as fate would have it Dean, I am starting a new role at the University in two weeks: Senior Tutor in Psychology. Perhaps I could help?:D

Thanks Fig - I bought a silicone cake mat thingy to put in the bottom - have been wanting to try it for ever, but the silicone mat only arrived yesterday, so it was perfect timing.
I've must find a silicone cake mat "thingy"! I've had no desire to do slab soaps until I saw your beautiful supply-box-mold soap. What did you use on the design for that pretty color?

I've must find a silicone cake mat "thingy"! I've had no desire to do slab soaps until I saw your beautiful supply-box-mold soap. What did you use on the design for that pretty color?
I used a bronze mica mixed in with about two tablespoons of the soap batter.

You can get them in the baking section at Michaels if you have one. Or online at Amazon.
I might look on Amazon too. I couldn't find any AT ALL in NZ, and went to wish.com where they only had two to choose from. It's not quite the pattern I would have liked, but I thought it wold still be OK. I do think it's good to get a proper wooden slab mould though - my cardboard box made things a little uneven.

News flash - nothing on Amazon - just the same two i could get from Wish.com but at twice the price :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back