Can I Use Seltzer That Has Gone Flat For Liquid?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I came across 10 bottles of unopened seltzer that are several years old and have absolutely no fizz left in them in my pantry. I opened one and there is zero carbonation left. Do you think it’s safe to use in place of distilled water. Don’t want to take any chances, but hate to pour it down the drain if it’s usable so I thought I’d ask if anyone had any experience. Thanks in advance.

While no direct experience soaping with seltzer, it looks like the ingredients are carbonated, purified water, fruit juices and flavouring.
I'd try a small batch (the flavouring would be the only thing I would be concerned about):thumbs:

While no direct experience soaping with seltzer, it looks like the ingredients are carbonated, purified water, fruit juices and flavouring.
I'd try a small batch (the flavouring would be the only thing I would be concerned about):thumbs:
Actually, the only ingredient in this one is carbonated water. Nothing else. and it’s flat.I’ve got 374 oz of the stuff 😂

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
I've made several soaps using hard seltzer (I boiled the alcohol/carbonation out and froze it) and they turned out great! 😁

Back