Can I use a soap recipe different from my embeds?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ahauer88

Reaction score
Hi all, as a follow up question to my failed batch yesterday...

I used a lard/olive/coconut/castor recipe that ended up failing, so I chopped up that soap to use as embeds. What I'm wondering is, can I use a coconut/palm/olive recipe to fill in around the embeds? Or, does the recipe have to be the exact same as the embeds?

The only reason I'm thinking of switching it up is because that lard/olive/coco/castor recipe is so awesome but SO quick to trace... I am concerned that I am going to end up with two messy, failed batches in a row! So I want to work with something I know won't set up in a matter of seconds :)

Thanks for any advice.

No issues at all until it comes to selling. And then only an issue if you list ingredients (by calling it anything but 'soap'), you would have to list the ingredients in the different recipe of the embeds.

Great thank you, I think I'll do something a little more tried and true this time for the fill-in recipe. No issues with selling, they're just for personal use and given to close family and friends.

Latest posts

Back