can I try?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luviesmom

Reaction score
My oldest daughter loves the bombs. Can I please make some for my friends and Grammy? ok baby! great 1st attempt.

base needs to be more moist and she needs a hair net/
pulled back.

sometimes it it best to let them go. she was very happy.

PART_1486601956734_20170208_194033.jpg

PART_1486602424710_20170208_200113.jpg

How fun for her. My daughter always wanted to help no matter what my craft at the moment. She now knows how to crochet, decorate cakes, make soap, bath bombs, lip balm as well as make headbands and now is into quilting and using her cricut. She's got more to keep her busy than I do these days. Started her young and she's now 31 with two kids of her own.

It made me a bit sad in a way. I remember a time when she was so dependant on me for everything. She now has this independent streak. I guess it's called growing up. She wants to do everything on her own. She wanted to measure everything out by HERSELF, mix color HERSELF, choose where to place embeds, how many sprays of rubbing alcohol. I just took a step back and watched after her telling me, " I can do this myself, Mommy." And she did.

What I found amazing is how much must have watched me. She knew how to mix the color with the oils, even put citric acid in last!

It is sort of sad, until you realize that this is a child that will not bow to peer pressure, that will be a leader in her group, independent and strong willed, and amazing woman when she grows up. You have done well, mom.

Thanks for all the nice comments, it really warms my heart. Nothing in my life can compare to being a mother, it will be my greatest accomplishment. And yes, Susie. She is everything you highlighted. Straight A's, gets awards all the time. She is the perfect child. Her younger sister just started kindergarten and gets in trouble for behavior. She got 2's out of 4 for behavior. Following directions, self control. But both girls won "Best readers" last week at semester awards. I have read to them since newborns, it has finally paid off! So thanks, motherhood has been the most difficult task. Sometimes, I feel really alone with a husband in the military but always the best.

I think it is great to introduce your child to crafts. I started paper crafting with our youngest grandson when I was babysitting him. He would come in from preschool and ask "What's our craft for today." He still likes to craft.

Back