Can I sprinkle Epsom Salts on top of CP soap?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have read in old poststhat epsom salts / magnesium does not react well in soap. However, if I want to use them just as decoration on top of it, do you think it would work? How about on melt and pour soap? I am trying to incorporate them in a design I am thinking of. Thanks!

I just watched a You Tube video where she sprinkled colored epsom salts on top of her beach themed soap. Looked pretty but I have no idea how it would behave in the shower. If it's too large it might be scratchy. If it's a fine grind, it shouldn't be painful.

I just watched a You Tube video where she sprinkled colored epsom salts on top of her beach themed soap. Looked pretty but I have no idea how it would behave in the shower. If it's too large it might be scratchy. If it's a fine grind, it shouldn't be painful.

I think it would dissolve with first use in the shower unless the user shower Navy-style (turn on water, get wet, turn off water, soap up, then turn water back on again).

Back