Can I sprinkle dry green tea on top of my soap for decoration?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Confused_Penguin

Reaction score
I'm making an unscented green tea soap with activated charcoal (yay!). I infused green tea in boiling water and put it in the freezer overnight.

I was wondering if I can sprinkle some dry green tea on the top of my soap as decoration? What I'm really worried about is it becoming moldy, either during the curing process or in the shower. It's rather humid in my area.

I'm pretty sure that after a one or two uses in the shower the green tea will just fall off. I just don't want to regret adding it and having it go bad. What do you guys think?

Anyone? D:

You can, I do. I find it creates a visually interesting texture and a slight exfoliation for the few few uses. <3

Okay thank you for replying guys! I trust you. I'll update you on what they look like. I made them today and I will cut them tomorrow :)

Here they are! My Green Tea & Activated Charcoal Soap! Unscented for sensitive skin. Thanks again for the help guys!

The leaves on the top kind turned pitch black-- I sprayed it down with alcohol so that it will stick to the soap.

DSC03979.jpg

Back