can I make a facial cleanser with any of these ingredients?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrsmayorga

Reaction score
Hi guys, Im supper new to soap and would love to make a shampoo or face wash. Been researching like a crazy lady and have come to the conclusion that I am def going to have to buy more supplies however I am anxious to start experimenting. This is what I have in the house
Coco benetaine
Decyl glucoside
All sorts of oils and butters
Citric acid
Oatmeal, goatmilk powder,
All sorts of essential oils
Emulsifying wax
Stearic acid
Preservative ( i believe I have germabenll
Is it even possible to experiment with these ingredients? Thanks for any help!! This soap stuff is so confusing as a beginer so much more supplies to buy

hi there,

you already have quite a lot of stuff there. what kind of oils and butters do you have? you can make real soap or a syndet. if you want to make soap, you're going to need sodium hydroxide (bar soap) or potassium hydroxide for liquid ones.

if you are totally new to soapmaking, i won't go straight to syndet or liquid. i would start with basic cold process soapmaking first. familiarize yourself with lye calculator (see stickies on the cp sub forum) and the characteristics of oils (this free guide by soapqueen is a valuable one). other than that, you're going to need a digital scale.

this blog is also a very good resource for other things beside soapmaking (syndets, lotions, shampoos, etc).

Awesome ill check it out ! Thanks so much. I have mango butter, shea butter, cocoa butter, calendula oil, coconut oil, sweet almond oil, hemp seed oil, i also have kaolin clay. Im so afraid to venture into the cp but so exited. Hoping to find some awesome tips for working with lye. I would love to make a basic shampoo or face wash. I already make awesome bath bombs and body butters

Latest posts

Back