Can I line a pan with parchment or wax paper?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kniquy

Reaction score
I have heard to use freezer paper to line molds, but I'm having a tough time finding it.

I am making a batch of 4th of July M & P soap. What i would like to do is take a shallower cooking sheet, line it to make a large, fairly thin soap. This would require lining the pan with a paper -- can i use wax paper or parchment? are these not acceptable? or would they do just fine?

I second the advice just given. Never waxed paper -- it's not tough enough. Parchment or freezer paper are best. Freezer paper is cheaper and is my preference, but I've used parchment in a pinch. You can find freezer paper at many grocery stores and Walmart.

I've used parchment paper to line molds for CPOP soap and it worked fine. It should work for M&P. I wouldn't use waxed paper.

I have never used freezer paper because we can't get it in NZ readily. I always use baking paper.

You could probably get freezer paper from a haberdashery shop like a spotlight like we have here in Oz. They use it in quilting. You can reuse it over and over again, if you work at using the stronger scents first. I use to use baking paper, but have been able to get some freezer paper from a friend who goes to the US. I use it sparingly.

You could probably get freezer paper from a haberdashery shop like a spotlight like we have here in Oz. They use it in quilting. You can reuse it over and over again, if you work at using the stronger scents first. I use to use baking paper, but have been able to get some freezer paper from a friend who goes to the US. I use it sparingly.
Thanks Relle - I will try Spotlight tomorrow.

Back