can i go with the soap recipe

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kalpanaganesan

Reaction score
hai
Iam an Indian.Iam a beginner in soap making.can i go with a soap recipe with 1 oz castor oil,6 oz coconut oil,26 oz pomace olive oil,10 oz distilled water and 4.4 oz lye.I dont have any colours can i use beetroot juice or carrot juice made with the said amout of distilled water to make the lye solution or it is a bad idea.

You can substitute some of the carrot juice for water by deducting the amount of carrot juice used from the water. Dissolve the lye in water and add the carrot juice to your oils or at thin trace. I use baby food carrots for coloring; but I have to deduct the amount of baby food carrots from the water. I ran your recipe through SoapCalc. Using the amount of oils you have, this should give you a 6% superfat, which is not bad. If you want more bubbles use 2 oz Castor oil, 7 oz coconut oil and 24 oz olive oil. The amount of of lye will change slightly to 4.5 oz and the water will be around 12 oz. You can do a water discount, but if you are new to soap making I advise you to go with what SoapCalc shows. As with any recipe, run it through a good lye calculator, (Soapmaking Friend or SoapCalc), before making the soap.

Back