Can I get the mad micas red set in Europe?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you have Address Pal? If I need to order from the states I use that, its do much easier because they will ship to your US address then to your Irish address through An Post. But make sure to ask them to put a lower value on the declaration or ul get stuck with customs. I've learnt the hard way lol
That's a point, I did sign up for it ages ago but I keep forgetting I have it. Still pricy enough if I recall correctly? But certainly better than the direct shipping price I'm sure.

That's a point, I did sign up for it ages ago but I keep forgetting I have it. Still pricy enough if I recall correctly? But certainly better than the direct shipping price I'm sure.
I ordered from a US supplier and it was 3kg weight, they were super marked it as a Gift so with Address Pal & declared items customs wasn't 2 bad, I think AP was €20 then customs was €11 but totally worth it for all I got. Have u checked Etsy? Or Amazon.com they do international shipping with calculated customs & postage?

I ordered from a US supplier and it was 3kg weight, they were super marked it as a Gift so with Address Pal & declared items customs wasn't 2 bad, I think AP was €20 then customs was €11 but totally worth it for all I got. Have u checked Etsy? Or Amazon.com they do international shipping with calculated customs & postage?
I've put in a small order with micamoma, so I'll see how I get on with that, but I'll keep your suggestions in mind if I need a backup plan!

Edit: funnily enough that order arrived today! I made a test batch with a likely combination and I think it has promise:
IMG_20210329_171516.jpg

Shown with some actual red things for comparison. I was also messing around with hot process and it seems to be washing out the colours a bit so will do a proper CP test soon with a known recipe.

Last edited:
I have used Trial by Fire by Nurture Soap. It was the best red I have found. It is a mixture of mica and pigment. Which the mad mica grouping is 3 different micas that you mix together. Trial by Fire Red Mica Blend

I'm sure they would ship to you but unsure how much that would be. I'm in Canada so when I shop from the US, it always costs me a bunch for shipping.

Not sure if this helped.

Attachments

• red and grey batter.JPG
    red and grey batter.JPG
    339.4 KB · Views: 10
  • Red and grey soap.jpg
    Red and grey soap.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 10
  • cut red and grey.jpg
    cut red and grey.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 12
I have used Trial by Fire by Nurture Soap. It was the best red I have found. It is a mixture of mica and pigment. Which the mad mica grouping is 3 different micas that you mix together. Trial by Fire Red Mica Blend

I'm sure they would ship to you but unsure how much that would be. I'm in Canada so when I shop from the US, it always costs me a bunch for shipping.

Not sure if this helped.
Oh thanks! I should actually have come back to this thread to say I finally have a handle on reds! Reviewing those 3-colour sets, I realised what they were doing and have mostly been able to replicate it - one earthy oxide type red, one of those deep but pink-tinted reds, and a small hint of neon orange gives the result I'm looking for.
IMG_20210404_205457.jpgIMG_20210330_114238.jpg

Oh thanks! I should actually have come back to this thread to say I finally have a handle on reds! Reviewing those 3-colour sets, I realised what they were doing and have mostly been able to replicate it - one earthy oxide type red, one of those deep but pink-tinted reds, and a small hint of neon orange gives the result I'm looking for.
View attachment 56359View attachment 56360
Oh that is lovely.

View attachment 56359View attachment 56360

That's fab! Any chance you'd be willing to share your recipe? I've still not found a red I'm happy with...

Back