Can failed bath bombs be turned into powder?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MelissaG

Reaction score
If I put the bombs into a blender, can they be turned back into powder? I accidentally put too much water into the mix when the container slipped and now they are hard as a rock. Great if they were actual bombs but I couldn't mold them because they were too wet and I didn't have extra baking soda. I'd really like to use them in some Christmas bombs (I have a really cute idea for cocoa peppermint bombs). Since they smell like peppermint already, using them in the bomb would be an awesome idea.

I haven't tried that, but I have made them into bath powders that are sprinkled into the tub. It works well, although the effect isn't as long-lasting since it all reacts with the water at once.

If you do try blending them, I'd be interested to hear how it goes for you!

If it was too wet, then there is a good chance it activated some, which would mean it may not press into a bomb if you try to reuse the pulverized powder. It could also lose some of the flare when it's in the water. However, using as a bath bomb dust that you just pour into the water is really nice. I actually do that on purpose.

If it was too wet, then there is a good chance it activated some, which would mean it may not press into a bomb if you try to reuse the pulverized powder. It could also lose some of the flare when it's in the water. However, using as a bath bomb dust that you just pour into the water is really nice. I actually do that on purpose.
I decided to crush it into powder, then I added more baking soda and an equal amount of citric. It increase the amount to twice the amount I had originally made, and yet the peppermint eo is still a strong scent. I also added more powdered milk, and cocoa powder to half of the mix. I turned them into powdered bath bomb mix in 9 oz Santa Clause cups with a paper straw. I will be adding solid bubble bath in the form of what will look like a whipped cream swirl on top along with a small chunk of soap that looks like chocolate pushed into the SBB top (the SBB and soap will smell like gingerbread) tonight. I'm thinking it will sell well. I sold my Halloween cauldrons and Little Monster Bath bombs for $5. I'm trying to decide how much to sell these for.

I do too! I prefer bagged "dusts" to shaped bombs because you get to decide exactly how much you want to use.

I decided to crush it into powder, then I added more baking soda and an equal amount of citric. It increase the amount to twice the amount I had originally made, and yet the peppermint eo is still a strong scent. I also added more powdered milk, and cocoa powder to half of the mix. I turned them into powdered bath bomb mix in 9 oz Santa Clause cups with a paper straw. I will be adding solid bubble bath in the form of what will look like a whipped cream swirl on top along with a small chunk of soap that looks like chocolate pushed into the SBB top (the SBB and soap will smell like gingerbread) tonight. I'm thinking it will sell well. I sold my Halloween cauldrons and Little Monster Bath bombs for $5. I'm trying to decide how much to sell these for.
Sounds like a great save! *most* who sell use the COG x 4. Hope that helps!

Attachments

• Christmas Bomb.jpg
    Christmas Bomb.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 10
So if I just want to make fizzy bath bomb dust, just leave out the water in a bath bomb recipe?

Latest posts

Back