Can extract be used in Castile LS

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

katp9906

Reaction score
I’ve been making liquid Castile soap for quite a while, I’ve been having a hard time finding peppermint EO. I have extract(now mind you I know it can’t be added to cold process….) can I use peppermint extract in diluted Castile soap instead of EO?

Have you added some to a sample and see how it goes? That's what I'd do.
I haven’t yet, my new batch is in my crockpot now. Will be diluting tomorrow. I’ll try then. I guess I was curious if there’s the same reaction that happens in CP(which is equivalent to a soap volcano 😂)

can I use peppermint extract in diluted Castile soap instead of EO?
Watkins Mint Extract & McCormick Peppermint Extract are 88% alcohol by volume. As alcohol can be used as a solvent/clarifier after dilution in LS, I see no reason why it wouldn't work. A lot would depend on the quality of the extract and the amount used -- you might need a whole 1 or 2 ounce bottle to get enough fragrance. ???

I’ve been having a hard time finding peppermint EO.
I buy mine on Ebay from Sun Pure Botanicals -- 2 gals in NM who have been in business ever since I can remember. They have a 99.6% rating. :thumbs:

Peppermint Essential Oil

Latest posts

Back