Can a mica or oxide affect trace?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mandy Jarvis

Reaction score
I have used clays and other organic ingredients to color my soap in the past. I wanted to branch into using micas and oxides. My first attempt totally seized and ruined my design. So I need all the tips I can get on working with colorants.

I think color can effect trace. Do 4 or 5 colors in cups and usually the blue or green trace quicker than other colors. Also yesterday I made a masculine soap and added Bentonite Clay that was dispersed in some water and it definitely made the batter move quickly.

I think color can effect trace. Do 4 or 5 colors in cups and usually the blue or green trace quicker than other colors. Also yesterday I made a masculine soap and added Bentonite Clay that was dispersed in some water and it definitely made the batter move quickly.

Bentonite is insane. If you soak it in water from the recipe for 1/2 hour before use you will see how much water it takes to wet it up. And it still moves!

I agree I think so also I used a ultramarine on slow moving recipe it made it a lil thick. Not much the brown is and tio2 where fine

Latest posts

Back