Calling all patchouli fans!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am not a patchouli fan (nor hater) but my husband really likes it. He loved Earth Meets sky from Nurture Soap ans has declared it as one of his favorite fragrances (he moved the soap from a hand washing sink to the shower so he could smell like it). From what I understand this is a blend of patchouli, grapefruit and vanilla, and it is a type of Lush’s Rentless fragrance.

All of the above - and many more! But try this (copyright kiwimoose!):

Anise 10%

Cinnamon Leaf 10%

Patchouli 65%

Sweet Orange 15%

Adjust percentages to fit into usage guidelines - with Anise and Cinnamon should be used in very small amounts and you can still detect them as low as 7% of this blend ( just increase the patchouli to make up the difference).

I call it Pink Musk. I submitted it to EOCalc as a blend over a year ago but I've yet to see it added.

All of the above - and many more! But try this (copyright kiwimoose!):

Anise 10%

Cinnamon Leaf 10%

Patchouli 65%

Sweet Orange 15%

Adjust percentages to fit into usage guidelines - with Anise and Cinnamon should be used in very small amounts and you can still detect them as low as 7% of this blend ( just increase the patchouli to make up the difference).

I call it Pink Musk. I submitted it to EOCalc as a blend over a year ago but I've yet to see it added.
I like it! I’m going to call it KiwiMoose just so I can see the puzzled looks on my customers faces. I can never get orange EO to stick, but I might try this with Orange Sapphire from WSP. I have some anise that’s been lurking in my stash.
I have been making a blend of 1/3 each patchouli, bergamot, and lavender. Customers love it, and it’s not too “patchouli forward.”

I am not a patchouli fan (nor hater) but my husband really likes it. He loved Earth Meets sky from Nurture Soap ans has declared it as one of his favorite fragrances (he moved the soap from a hand washing sink to the shower so he could smell like it). From what I understand this is a blend of patchouli, grapefruit and vanilla, and it is a type of Lush’s Rentless fragrance.
I am also not a big patch fan, but Earth Meets Sky has been a favorite from my stock.

Grapefruit really brightens it up!

Made KiwiMoose today! I’ll post pics later, but boy does it smell nice. I changed it ever so slightly - a little more orange, little less patch. EO calc was ok with 10% cinnamon leaf and 10% anise. Colored it light orange w dark orange and blue hanger swirl. (Hanger swirl is my default design - so easy and looks great on my display.)

Made KiwiMoose today! I’ll post pics later, but boy does it smell nice. I changed it ever so slightly - a little more orange, little less patch. EO calc was ok with 10% cinnamon leaf and 10% anise. Colored it light orange w dark orange and blue hanger swirl. (Hanger swirl is my default design - so easy and looks great on my display.)
Oh great, like that's all @KiwiMoose 's ego needs right now, what with her perfect little rocks, and her perfect little soaps, and her perfect little puppers!

@Zing clearly no bitterness there at ALL. 😄
He loves me really Ali!
292178383_1428115380946629_8854862930691169858_n.jpg
299653152_1455503344874499_8317842884594096952_n.jpg

Latest posts

Back