Calico

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Calico...Because sometimes you just need a cat fix

Calico.jpg

Calico2.jpg

Calico 3.jpg

Calico 4.jpg

She's gorgeous DeeAnna! I currently have a dilute (pastel) calico but I adore classics as well. ImageUploadedBySoap Making1485809712.020415.jpgMeet Gemma

Luviesmom, I blended huckleberry FO with a smitch of cinnamon and clove EOs. Smells really good! First time using those EOs and have now seen first hand how they heat the soap and caused some oozing. They did not accelerate too much since I was purposefully seeking thick batter to make the splotches.

Carolyn, Gemma was a rescue. It worked both ways- she rescued me too (and still does every day).

LM - I've always been intrigued by the cat of Pharos. What are their typical dispositions, if there is such a thing?

LM - I've always been intrigued by the cat of Pharos. What are their typical dispositions, if there is such a thing?

I would describe them more like dogs than cats. Very attached to their family. When we went away at Christmas, she stopped eating. When we got home, she literally hugged my neck and rode on my shoulders for the next day, like you will never leave me again.

Many of them fetch like dogs, pencils straws and cat toys. They are not very vocal, like a Siamese. Almost sound mute like a deaf person when trying to meow. Most also like water. The kittens sometimes jump in the bath with my girls. Very agile, they can jump up and balance on a door frame. A very unique breed. :)

IMG951582.jpg

I am absolutely convinced my Tish adopted me, not the other way around. I had stopped at our local pet store in a lady's house and was getting some fish food. I asked the shop keeper about the pretty cat browsing around her door. She said the cat was a stray who had suddenly appeared a few days earlier and had been haunting her door since then.

I went outside to leave, and Tish boldly jumped in the car as if she owned it and looked at me expectantly. "C'mon stupid human, take me home!" So I laughed and told her that she had to get in the passenger's seat if she wanted me to drive. She moved over as if she understood. I have to say it was pretty spooky.

That was about 7 years ago and she still runs the household like she owns the place. I'm typing with just one hand right now cuz she's asleep on my other arm. :)

Carabou, I love your calico...soap and cat! I had a calico of my own many years ago, here she is, such a sweet girl.

And DeeAnna, I absolutely agree about being adopted by an animal. My Mimi that I lost just recently adopted me from the parking lot where I used to work. I heard her yowling, and called her, she walked out from under a car, I picked her up and she climbed onto my shoulder and started rubbing her face against my cheek. Like you, when I walked to my car and opened the door, she jumped in. What was I to do? LOL If it's meant to be, it's meant to be. I was lucky enough to have her for 12 years, and she was the sweetest cat I've ever had. I miss her every day.

Jaida.jpg

I am absolutely convinced my Tish adopted me, not the other way around.

No doubt she did DeeAnna. Cats are pretty savvy that way!

I had a calico of my own many years ago, here she is, such a sweet girl.

I was lucky enough to have her for 12 years, and she was the sweetest cat I've ever had. I miss her every day.

Nav, how pretty and precious your Mimi was. I love her face!

No doubt she did DeeAnna. Cats are pretty savvy that way!

Nav, how pretty and precious your Mimi was. I love her face!

Thanks CaraBou, but the pic is of Jaida, my Calico from back in the 80s. But you're right, she was a sweet girl. Here is Mimi, my sweetest ever, that I lost in October. She would stare so long into my eyes, like she was trying to tell me something. I never found out what it was, but maybe one day...over the bridge.

soulful.jpg

I think this thread has solved a 12 year mystery for me.
T'Beau adopted me on a property I used to work on, living under a clump of ornamental grass. Friendly from the get go, playing in water and a personality unlike any of all the cats I've lived with over the years.A most remarkable animal and thats just not my opinion.
So I'm looking at the head of LoviesMom cat and its looking familiar..that V shaped head caught my attention. And while not of ruddy coloration(he's black and white) I was struck by the profile. So I searched the web and saw pictures of cats with abyssinian in their bloodlines, It seems the ears are of normal height but that V shaped profile is unmistakable . I have a part Abyssinian...mystery solved!

I think this thread has solved a 12 year mystery for me.
T'Beau adopted me on a property I used to work on, living under a clump of ornamental grass. Friendly from the get go, playing in water and a personality unlike any of all the cats I've lived with over the years.A most remarkable animal and thats just not my opinion.
So I'm looking at the head of LoviesMom cat and its looking familiar..that V shaped head caught my attention. And while not of ruddy coloration(he's black and white) I was struck by the profile. So I searched the web and saw pictures of cats with abyssinian in their bloodlines, It seems the ears are of normal height but that V shaped profile is unmistakable . I have a part Abyssinian...mystery solved!

T'Beau is such a Cajun/Creole name! How did you come up with it?

A friend actually named the cat...his mother was from Louisiana...where the streets are paved with oyster shells and the buses are elevated from what I've been told...

Cara these bars are absolutely charming. +100 for all the adorable kitty pics too!

Latest posts

Back