Calendula infused olive oil & ylang ylang

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elizabeth Driver

Reaction score
Hi, hope I am posting this in the right area....I am still a pretty new soaper...looking for some ideas for a relaxing luxurious bar.......I have been infusing some olive oil with calendula petals, and I treated myself to some ylang ylang EO. Will it just fade away in the CP soap process, I’d hate to waste it....I wanted to use some oils for a creamy soap like cocoa/Shea butter, castor oil, with the coconut and olive....and that maybe a blend of the ylang ylang with orange or lavender would work....? I wanted to know if anyone had any suggestions! Thanks!

I have used ylang ylang EO in blends, but not by itself. The blend didn't seem to fade.

Here is a blend that I have written down:
2 parts lavender
1 part ylang ylang

Calendula, to be honest, I have only used once and that was infused in oil for soap. I loved that soap so I think its worth a shot to try. As for ylang ylang, I can't say I remember being fond of it.

Ylang Ylang has lasted for me, but it’s the only EO I’ve used that accelerates. It’s great when I want something to set up faster!
Ugh, that just ruined it for me LOL. I was thinking Ylang Ylang in butter bars, which already sets up super quick. I would have to work like @Dawni Hummingbird on crack if anybody remembers that comment lol.

Ylang Ylang is kind of expensive though. But i dont think i know of a smell even remotely similar. I can smell it just typing about it lol.

Ugh, that just ruined it for me LOL. I was thinking Ylang Ylang in butter bars, which already sets up super quick. I would have to work like @Dawni Hummingbird on crack if anybody remembers that comment lol.

Ylang Ylang is kind of expensive though. But i dont think i know of a smell even remotely similar. I can smell it just typing about it lol.
I made a tea tree oil and ylang ylang soap with a charcoal and pink mica swirl that was one of my all time faves! It’s not a super fast accelerator like one of the FO I used. But, more than other EOs I’ve used.

Hi, hope I am posting this in the right area....I am still a pretty new soaper...looking for some ideas for a relaxing luxurious bar.......I have been infusing some olive oil with calendula petals, and I treated myself to some ylang ylang EO. Will it just fade away in the CP soap process, I’d hate to waste it....I wanted to use some oils for a creamy soap like cocoa/Shea butter, castor oil, with the coconut and olive....and that maybe a blend of the ylang ylang with orange or lavender would work....? I wanted to know if anyone had any suggestions! Thanks!
I made a lovely soap for a really good friend with Ylang Ylang, Patchouli and Peppermint essential oils. It really was a lovely scent blend.

I think I am going to try a blend of lavender, bergamot and ylang ylang .......in a calendula infused olive oil bar, with coconut, castor, sunflower, avocado oil and cocoa and shea butter....and maybe some dried calendula in the soap.........will calendula in the soap turn brown? I wanted some specks - I almost want to make a confetti type soap with it also....a sort of white bar with specks....so many soaps to make & not enough time!!

I think I am going to try a blend of lavender, bergamot and ylang ylang .......in a calendula infused olive oil bar, with coconut, castor, sunflower, avocado oil and cocoa and shea butter....and maybe some dried calendula in the soap.........will calendula in the soap turn brown? I wanted some specks - I almost want to make a confetti type soap with it also....a sort of white bar with specks....so many soaps to make & not enough time!!
Sounds like a nice scent. Calendula doesn’t turn brown, but inside soap it might be too scratchy?

Well the calendula infused olive oil was such a pretty yellow! I used lavender bergamot and ylang ylang, equal amounts of lavender and bergamot and slightly less ylang ylang. It did thicken pretty fast, glad I wasn’t making any swirls, I only stick blended for a couple of sec after adding the EO! Excited to cut it!
43FC59C8-9D0C-445F-BF18-543DC6971F9E.jpeg

That recipe sounds amazing

Back