calendula c02

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nikolye

Reaction score
I have some Calendula C02 to create a yellow bar for irritated skin. Does anyone have any experience adding resins to soap? Mainly i wonder usage rates. I think i'll gently warm the C02 in some avocado oil from the recipe and add it with the essential oils at trace. But i wondered how much of this potent stuff to use. i was thinking like 1/4 t ppo would be enough but i can't find anything online regarding it. It

Would i include this into my total essential oil weight? or just consider it an extra add in, no need to weight? such a minuscule amount.

Thanks in advance

I didn't know what calendula CO2 extract was so I looked it up. Holy cow, it's expensive! Are you sure you want to use it in soap rather than as a leave-on?

Assuming your answer is yes, and that it is minuscule as you say (e.g., 1/4 tsp), I wouldn't bother accounting for the weight.

I didn't know what calendula CO2 extract was so I looked it up. Holy cow, it's expensive! Are you sure you want to use it in soap rather than as a leave-on?

Assuming your answer is yes, and that it is minuscule as you say (e.g., 1/4 tsp), I wouldn't bother accounting for the weight.

Yes its very expensive but as far as i know you use very very little. My only experience with it is adding it to olive oil for a skin condition infusion. Essential oils are very expensive too and i have to add heaps! It won't be something i did for everyone it would be a small specialty bar for irritated skin. I wouldn't use it as a daily but my mate with skin conditions may. I considered a body butter with some of it, but i think it would be better in a salve rather than an all over butter. So i decided soap with a tiny bit and salve with the rest. Its gold this stuff. Infused in a carrier its the best healing oil!!!

Don't forget that soap is really a wash off product and adding it in might well do absolutely nothing for the condition. Even using a tiny amount which doesn't really cost too much could well be a waste anyway - how much of that tiny amount in the bar would spend any real time on your skin? between lathering and rinsing?

Since it's unknown whether or not herbal benefits survive lye, I would do HP and add your C02 to the superfat.

Back