Calculating unlisted ingredient

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gsc

Reaction score
I'm using soapcalc to formulate a recipe that has cucumber seed oil in it but that ingredient is not listed in the list of oils. So how do I go about getting the soap properties?

Ohah - I want some of that for my face! Where did you purchase your cucumber seed oil?

Once you find the properties of the oil not listed on Soapmaking Friend, you can CUSTOM add the oil to the calculator, which is a fabulous unique feature that I love about this calculator.

The more information you are able to find, the more info you can input to give you a more accurate picture of your soap's fatty acid profile and prediction of the characteristics you can expect from your end product.

There are a couple of threads here on SMF about doing just that if you're interested in adding a custom oil to the list. The custom oil you enter seems to be visible to the person who entered, however; I am not really sure if it would be visible to the rest of us even if your soap recipe was set to public viewing or not.

Anyway, if you are interested in how to create a custom oil, see this thread wherein Mobjack Bay discusses discusses it when she was determining properties for another oil.

Back