Cake flavor oil for lotion bars?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dawni

Reaction score
Has anyone tried?
Do they work?
Is it safe to assume that since they're for food, they're safe to use on skin?

Reason I asked is I have a customer who makes cakes ask me if I had chocolate, vanilla or bubblegum scented lotion bars..... I don't - I only use EOs because looking for a supplier for fragrance oils that won't break my budget has been difficult, and also I'm going with the "natural" route with scents and colors for my brand.

I know, I know.. I'm using the word natural in a very broad sense so please no nitpicking lol

But yeah.. Since I already use food and spices to color my soap, I figured I'd ask about cake flavor oil.

Thank you!

Lorann brand flavor oils has a crafting section on their website. Check your brand’s website, maybe they have their own recipes or recommendations. I know the Loranon peppermint, orange, and cinnamon flavors are the pure oils, maybe you’ll luck out and find something like that by you

Try searching online, there are so many websites that sell cake flavored oil for lotions, soap and etc. I think no harm using them.

It it sweetened flavor oil? Because that might make the wearer more popular with the local dog and mosquito population, but that's the only concern I can think of.
Lol she probably didn't think of that, huh. Neither did I but thanks for the reminder.

Thanks to everyone who responded :)

If you use a good amount of the non-deodorized cocoa butter, it should smell like chocolate automatically. Or like a Mounds bar if you pair it with virgin coconut oil. I don’t think I’d use a sweetened flavoring for lotion bars; I want the bugs to keep away!

If you use a good amount of the non-deodorized cocoa butter, it should smell like chocolate automatically. Or like a Mounds bar if you pair it with virgin coconut oil. I don’t think I’d use a sweetened flavoring for lotion bars; I want the bugs to keep away!
I use unrefined cocoa butter for more than half the total amount (hot here, too soft when I used less) and to me it's enough to get that chocolatey scent. It's the others that are unfortunately not available IN EO like bubblegum n fruity types.

Back