Bye for a little while

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
A very short while, actually. I spend waaaay too much time on the computer. I have to finish my "great purge" because the dumpster is being picked up on the 30th. I also have the epb (that's electric power board, Chattanooga is known as "Gig City." We're the only city in the US--maybe world--that offers 1 GB internet speed to the average joe) technician coming tomorrow to add a few ethernet jacks in the house.

I want to move the computer from the kitchen to the "craft" room (which is not really being used) and set it up as an office. I need to have one jack installed in the "curing" room so I can set the laptop in there when I'm weighing soaps and doing other soapy stuff. I need one installed in the living room so I can plug my smart TV directly into it and not have to use my wifi. I bought a wifi booster and that didn't do anything to improve the speed.

I need to do a whole lotta other stuff. But I'll never get it done if I'm on the computer. Therefore, the computer has got to go. I am unplugging this contraption for the weekend. It's getting broken down and moved to the new "office" in preparation for the techie. I am going to tank up on coffee and go through the crap in the garage. Stuff that was originally in the shed, but my neighbor's grandson was kind enough to move to my garage for me WEEKS ago so I can go through it.

So, "see" ya when I see ya. Here's something to entertain you until I get back...:twisted::twisted::twisted:

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFVuuRxM2VU[/ame]

If not sooner, I'll see you at SoapCon - Take care of business:)

Hello, everyone. I'm back! That didn't take very long. I got most of what I wanted to do done. I still have some more stuff to do; but I'm going to have a helper on Saturday. The dumpster isn't being picked up until the 5th. They won't bill me for the final payment, so I had to wait for the next paycheck. I still have a bunch of things to go through and sort out; however, the majority of those things are "keepers" and I just need to put them into sturdier containers and label them better. Holiday decorations, canning things, tools, etc. I also have BOXES of photos that have to be shipped to my mother. I'll be those things weigh a hundred pounds. That is something that will have to be done over time. I want to scan through the albums and loose photos to see if there are any I want to keep. I found my senior prom photos and posted them to my Facebook account. Oh my gosh! I cannot believe how skinny I was. (Kind of scrawny, to be honest.)

The best part of this purge, however, is the steps I finally made for the shed. I've lived in my house for 14 years and have had to climb into the shed (or use a step stool). That's probably why I've always dreaded going in there to sort and clean it out. I went to Lowe's and bought three stringers and three steps. I put the steps together and attached them to the shed and now I've got a sturdy set of steps to use. Yay, me!!

Another thing I did while I was at Lowe's was purchase four 3.5 x 4 oak boards to use to make a mold. I made an ugly mold. (However, I know what not to do next time.) I am hoping it will be functional. I'm pretty sure it is NOT going to fall apart. It might leak, but I don't think it's going to fall apart. I'll wait and see. The inner dimensions are 22.5 x 3.5 x 3 and it will hold a batch weight of 2828 grams (according to SoapMaker 3).

Well, I've got to go get some dinner and clean up the kitchen and move more stuff around. I just wanted to pop on the forum and say "hi!" and tell you about my steps (ok, brag a little). :oops:

Steps.jpg

Glad you're back! Those are some really nice stairs... I suck at constructing things out of wood..lol... so I'm impressed when someone can make things go together the way they should.

Thanks! It's good to be back. Withdrawals are the pits. I popped in before I went to bed just to snoop, but I never stayed long or posted anything. I'm not THAT dedicated to life without computers. LOL. In all of the hubaloo I forgot I had made peppermint Christmas soap. I unmolded it today. I've got six huge bars that came out great. And six really ugly bars that have holes in them. I now know what people are talking about when they say their silicon molds make holes in their soaps. This has never happened to me before and I really don't like it. I wonder if it has to do with the peppermint EO and FOs? I didn't CPOP or wrap these. I just set them on a shelf with a piece of card stock over them to reduce the ash. I've got a "note to self" regarding this mold, too. Never do a "ribbon" pour on a reindeer head. I have a one eyed reindeer. Pathetic!

I found my senior prom photos and posted them to my Facebook account. Oh my gosh! I cannot believe how skinny I was. (Kind of scrawny, to be honest.)

I decided to post one of the photos I dug up. Just because my prom date was a major stud muffin. (His name is Vincent and he was a neighbor of mine. I had known him since I was eight. I was 17 and he was 22 in this photo.)

Hello Me.jpg

Latest posts

Back