Buying MP base

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hwordy! CP soaper here. Looking to make MP small soap embeds for bath bombs. I’d like to buy a base I can add colors to. Can anyone recommend a tried and true base brand? TIA!

I use MP canes in my CP. You just make them and throw them in! I made a lot of MP for years before moving into CP recently. I used to buy low-sweat MP because I didn't want my MP soaps to sweat when I gave them away, and I've just been using it up. Crystal Clear is very nice as well. Use Clear/transparent if you want clear or vibrant colours, and use White if you want white or pastel colours. But you could just use clear and add white colourant, up to you. I use micas to colour mine and recently I've been first mixing them with a tiny bit of glycerin. Your MP embeds will be harder then your CP soap when you cut, so go slow! The added glycerin will soften the MP a bit too; you could add more and the MP could wear away the same rate as the CP, but I haven't personally tried that yet. I think that's the basics. If I've left anything out, please ask! Best of luck!

I use MP canes in my CP. You just make them and throw them in! I made a lot of MP for years before moving into CP recently. I used to buy low-sweat MP because I didn't want my MP soaps to sweat when I gave them away, and I've just been using it up. Crystal Clear is very nice as well. Use Clear/transparent if you want clear or vibrant colours, and use White if you want white or pastel colours. But you could just use clear and add white colourant, up to you. I use micas to colour mine and recently I've been first mixing them with a tiny bit of glycerin. Your MP embeds will be harder then your CP soap when you cut, so go slow! The added glycerin will soften the MP a bit too; you could add more and the MP could wear away the same rate as the CP, but I haven't personally tried that yet. I think that's the basics. If I've left anything out, please ask! Best of luck!
That’s super helpful! Thank you!!

Latest posts

Back