Buying First Loaf Mold

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TBandCW

Reaction score
My usual soap in done in a slab mold with dividers which I love. I do have one high end soap that goes in a nice box, but I'm unhappy with the way the soap looks cut. So...I've done some research and I like the Nurture Soap 5lb premium mold. https://nurturesoap.com/collections...ucts/5-pound-premium-mold?variant=20033022854

I know it's pricey, but it had good reviews and since I don't want to line the mold the silicone liner was a must have. I've never dealt with this company before. Has anyone had experience with them?

Nurture is absolutely tops in both product quality and customer service, so no worries there. I have the 2.5 loaf mold and I LOVE it - most of my soap is made in this mold or the Nurture tall & skinny mold. It is worth every penny for me.

I have 6 of the 7.5 lb basic molds. I love them. I don't fill them I only use 56 oz of oils but they come right out of the wood molds. There are 3holes in the bottom to help if needed but usually don't. I want to order 3 more after the first of the year.

You are going to love it. No regrets. They are such a breeze to unmold. And I like the size bars they make. I also have 9 of the BB silicone molds and my husband made the wooden molds for them to fit in but they are much thinner and make smaller bars. So I switched once I tried Nurtures. I'm going to take inventory of a bunch of my molds and other supplies and sell them in the spring. It will probably take me that long to go through everything.

Nurture's molds are great, both in quality and price. Once you've bought one, you'll probably end up wanting another. If you can make your own wooden box for it, you can really save a lot, by just buying the liner. I have no woodworking experience, and I was able to make my own boxes for my silicone molds. It doesn't have to be fancy, it just has to support the silicone liner and keep it from bowing out. You can find a lot of info on the internet to give you ideas, too. You're going to love your new mold! :D

Back