Buying a House

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Susie, the silver lining (for what it's worth) is that you are ready to move, and if you stumble across a place where they are looking for a quick settlement, you have the advantage (it makes a terrific bargaining tool, to offer a quick settlement - the seller can invest the funds in the short term and make more money on the transaction, above the actual amount you are paying).

Sorry to hear that this one fell through ... wishing you lots of good luck and a speedy turnaround! :)

Bummer.gif

I put in 5 offers before finding where I'm living now on a last minute looksee... it'll happen! Took me a year, my real estate agent said she never saw anything like it-so many offers and nothing. One was good thing it didn't close because it ended up being a wood frame even though advertised as cement block. One ended up being in an area that flooded bad after the hurricanes (I looked LOL). Yours will come! *sending house finding help your direction*

Thank you, everyone! To say that I never adjusted to apartment life is a vast understatement. I am ready to feel like I am home again.
I can understand that. I grew up with apartments in our back yard and live in one for a whole 6 months after we got married. I hated it with a passion. Of course I also hate apartments in general. cleaned many many apartments growing up....did not even want them for investments.
How disappointing but I always feel it is meant to be. You will find another home and hopefully it will be a better one. When I say it is not meant to be I somewhat mean it from experience. I wanted one so bad before we found the one we purchased I cried when we did not get it. Believe it or not but a few years later we had the large earthquake in Whittier and that house ended up being condemned. My old not in good shape house on a hillside on stilts with 75 sqft of glass on one side of the house had zero damage other than everything not attached falling on the floor. So sometimes it really is a blessing :D

Last edited:
Susie, I am in the same boat. 7 not 1 SEVEN offers did not fall through. I am making a new one Monday. Wish me luck. Let's pray for each other!

Absolutely will! Got a list of 5 today and 1 tomorrow to go see. At least 2 have excellent garden spots! I am ready to have home grown vegetables.

It will happen, I always think there is a reason for most things that happen.

I too am looking but my search has a very small window and there are none like it with land around here

We did find another house, and although it is a smaller square footage house, it has a HUGE closet/room with good ventilation, a ceiling fan, and plenty of shelves that will be MY SOAP ROOM!!! It also has a great space for a garden! We have gotten the receipt of closing costs from the title company, so it is a definite go! We sign on May 29, and move the last week of June. (The sellers needed a lease back because the house they are buying won't be available for a bit.)

Susie, I am in the same boat. 7 not 1 SEVEN offers did not fall through. I am making a new one Monday. Wish me luck. Let's pray for each other!

Absolutely praying for you! Number 8 was our sweet one. This market is killer! And I absolutely did not want to be hunting a house in the summer when it gets worse!

We did find another house, and although it is a smaller square footage house, it has a HUGE closet/room with good ventilation, a ceiling fan, and plenty of shelves that will be MY SOAP ROOM!!! It also has a great space for a garden! We have gotten the receipt of closing costs from the title company, so it is a definite go! We sign on May 29, and move the last week of June. (The sellers needed a lease back because the house they are buying won't be available for a bit.)

Congratulations!!! How exciting!

Back