Buyin soap loaf mold and soap cutter from EU

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheDebby

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I'd like to buy a second loaf mold but I'm not sure where the best place is to buy this.
The one I have right now might not be the best quality.
I don't sell my soap (jet) so I don't need a large size.
(although I might make a couple of soaps, my brother is getting married and wants to gift a bar to each of his guest)
If it can hold about a kilo of soap it would be great.

41d27OghMJL._AC_.jpg

For the cutter I'd like to buy an arm cutter with one string.
I'm really bad at cutting soap by hand so I hope this will make things easier.
il_794xN.1952824921_6360.jpg

Does anyone know a good shop or place to buy this?

Last edited:
That soap cutter looks perfect for you. I have one quite similar to it and it's great. The one thing to have on hand is a spare wire in case your wire ever breaks, and to know where it is at all times. I had that happen once and I couldn't find the spare until AFTER I ordered replacement wires and then I found the spare that came with it. At least I still do have a spare.

The mold you are considering seems to be quite popular. I don't have one like myself, but there are a few here at SMF who have some that look just like that one.

That soap cutter looks perfect for you. I have one quite similar to it and it's great. The one thing to have on hand is a spare wire in case your wire ever breaks, and to know where it is at all times. I had that happen once and I couldn't find the spare until AFTER I ordered replacement wires and then I found the spare that came with it. At least I still do have a spare.

The mold you are considering seems to be quite popular. I don't have one like myself, but there are a few here at SMF who have some that look just like that one.

Good to know, could you possible tell my what price is normal for a cutter like that? It would be nice to know so I have something to compare it to.

Are you asking where to buy them? Try aliexpress they ship around the world for free most of the time.
I bought my mold liners from nurture in the USA. And made the timber molds myself. The postage was horrendous but the silicone liners are fabulous. The silicone is thick and sturdy and washes up really easily. It does need a timber surround.

Most of the cheaper silicone molds bulge under the weight of soap. so the timber surround is great.

A lot of people buy soap cutters from Bud Huffner at “buds workshop” on Etsy.

Are you asking where to buy them? Try aliexpress they ship around the world for free most of the time.
I bought my mold liners from nurture in the USA. And made the timber molds myself. The postage was horrendous but the silicone liners are fabulous. The silicone is thick and sturdy and washes up really easily. It does need a timber surround.

Most of the cheaper silicone molds bulge under the weight of soap. so the timber surround is great.
Yes I was hoping maybe someone had some good advice.
I've been looking but I find it quite difficult because there are so many options I'm getting overwhelmed at the moment.

Yes I was hoping maybe someone had some good advice.
I've been looking but I find it quite difficult because there are so many options I'm getting overwhelmed at the moment.
Aliexpress molds are cheap and last well if you are careful with them ie: hand wash. They have the timber one you’ve shown in the photo. Just check the size - they all differ. Only thing is it doesn’t have a lid. You could retro fit one if you are handy. Some people don’t use lids so it’s not a big problem.

maybe start by working out the size of the bar you want and cull the list that way?

Last edited:
Aliexpress molds are cheap and last well if you are careful with them ie: hand wash. They have the timber one you’ve shown in the photo. Just check the size - they all differ. Only thing is it doesn’t have a lid. You could retro fit one if you are handy. Some people don’t use lids so it’s not a big problem.

maybe start by working out the size of the bar you want and cull the list that way?
Thanks a lot for the information. I've found a soap loaf mold that is shipped from France.
That is quite close to the Netherlands, I think I'll try that one. If I don't receive it by the 15th of June I will get my money back.
Feels a lot saver to me.

I'll sleep on it and see how I feel about it tomorrow.

Good to know, could you possible tell my what price is normal for a cutter like that? It would be nice to know so I have something to compare it to.

One similar to the one you pictured above goes for about $50 to $55 US right now (plus shipping) on ebay. The one I bought 4 years ago was about $100 US on etsy. I suspect I would have gone for one half the price if I had found one, but at the time that was what I found.

Is there anyone who has used a soap cutter like this one?
This would cost me 14 US shipping included.
I'm not sure how hard it would be to make sure the cut is right-angled.
H6a555b46277642ee8d13073d4ca2a3f8s.jpg

I bought a cutter exactly like the one in your first post from thecraftersshop.co.uk but I've just checked and they are out of stock. Perhaps you can email them or keep an eye out for a restock

Latest posts

Back